Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slingplayer Data Usage on 3 mobile phone

• 29-12-2009 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long the 1gb add on would last using the slingplayer app on your mobile phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would depend on the quality of the video, but you wouldn't be that long using it up. You might get 10 or 15 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

To use slingplayer get the x-series add-on instead of the normal internet add-on then you won't have to worry about data usage. It's good value at €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

To use slingplayer get the x-series add-on instead of the normal internet add-on then you won't have to worry about data usage. It's good value at €15.

is that still going, I used to have it when it came out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

x-series is no longer available. Just go into my 3 and change your phone to a modem and you should be able to buy the 3pay internet add on's. If your bill say you can get the 15gb add on for 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Walkman wrote: »
    x-series is no longer available. Just go into my 3 and change your phone to a modem and you should be able to buy the 3pay internet add on's. If your bill say you can get the 15gb add on for 20

I still have the X-Series add on. I am still on a legacy tarriff though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Can you do this on 3pay or just Pay Monthly?

randomer wrote: »
    I still have the X-Series add on. I am still on a legacy tarriff though.
    It no longer available to new customers.

Can you do this on 3pay or just Pay Monthly?
    both, as I said just go to my3 on your phone and change you phone to a modem and the internet add on's become available to purchase. If your bill pay you will need to call customer care to get the add on if your pre pay you can buy the add on out of your credit

It no longer available to new customers.

I have it on one of the new tariffs. CS told of I couldn't but i went into a three store and they put it on for me.

I have it on one of the new tariffs. CS told of I couldn't but i went into a three store and they put it on for me.

Have you received a bill yet stating this is on your account. Xseries was definately pulled by 3 when they started allowing you use your handset as a modem as all the internet add on's became available through the phones.

• Advertisement

Yes - shows up also on my3. As I said, CS on the phone said it was no longer available but the guy in the shop somehow managed to get it for me. It also allows me to use the handset as a modem. The advantage of course is that orb/slingbox etc don't show up as taking data bandwidth as they are seperate from internet usage.

Advertisement