Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Height above sea level?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Good morning.

Seeing some posters add this to their information; would love to know this for here.

I found the place on google terrain but could see no way of accessing this there.

If anyone is good at this I cam pm the details.

NB The internet connection here is very slow and also wildly erratic

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Just make sure the terrain box is ticked. When u hover mouse over your location height above sea level is displayed on the bar at the bottom in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It does not always download properly on this connection; the only figure I saw was 2000; can that be right?

It sounds too exact?

And was on the left.

I am having trouble also of course with your wonderful map site

It is the very top end of Ogherbeg almost Lacklom. Higher by a long way than the rest of Ogherbeg.
    irish1967 wrote: »
    Just make sure the terrain box is ticked. When u hover mouse over your location height above sea level is displayed on the bar at the bottom in the center.

Still under duvet here. I'll have a look when the heat is enough for me to pop my head out from under here. :)

Yawwwn .. streetcccccch.. OK Grace... the last house on the road in Ogherbeg before you reach Lackcrom is at 632ft above sea level

Ah, I found the 200m contour

Is that high?
    Yawwwn .. streetcccccch.. OK Grace... the last house on the road in Ogherbeg before you reach Lackcrom is at 632ft above sea level

• Advertisement

Well I am at 92ft here not far from millpark so I guess you are high enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickmcgee

Try this tool Grace

http://www.earthtools.org/

click on "find elevation/height above sea level" and then find your location on the map... drag the map until your station is under the cross in the middle of the screen and your height ASL will displayed in Metres & Feet on the left hand side

mick

:)

When you put it like that!

Wondering what effect that has on temperatures?

(Family in Canada will say that this is nothing; everything there is always BIGGER: I was hoping to impress them!)

Well I am at 92ft here not far from millpark so I guess you are high enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

300ft out near the dummy's bridge (iced in at the moment)
    google earth matches the gps pretty well

Great fun; and I get it at 200/656 which is what I also found on google..

Much easier than google too.

Thank you

mickmcgee wrote: »
    Try this tool Grace

http://www.earthtools.org/

click on "find elevation/height above sea level" and then find your location on the map... drag the map until your station is under the cross in the middle of the screen and your height ASL will displayed in Metres & Feet on the left hand side

mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm 9 metres above sea level. Global warming and I are going to get on really well at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

highest part in orbeg i could see on the os map was 189 , then banagher hill is about 300+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

smashey wrote: »
    I'm 9 metres above sea level. Global warming and I are going to get on really well at some stage.

I know a guy selling a boat, might come in handy for ya:D might even throw in a captains hat as well.

Looks like i'm at 141m, come-on global warming, i always wanted a see view:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Senna wrote: »
    I know a guy selling a boat, might come in handy for ya:D might even throw in a captains hat as well.
    A boat?

Pfft, I'm building an ark. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Senna wrote: »
    Looks like i'm at 141m, come-on global warming, i always wanted a see view:pac:
    +1

read somewhere that if the ice caps melt there will be a 100m rise in sea level puts me with a beach front property
    bring it on.
    (goes off to randomly burn fossil fuels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

+1
    read somewhere that if the ice caps melt there will be a 100m rise in sea level

100m rise:eek: Am at 72m so I will become the "man from Atlantis":D

Advertisement