Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

open tray error

• 29-12-2009 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

my good xbox has an open tray error, i have a few lying around that had the RROD that i fixed, and i was thinking of swapping the dvd-roms (they are too hard on power for a sane man to use them to watch telly)

i know the firmware has to be pulled from the old one and flashed to the new one,

but will xbox live ban me for changing????

i have just signed up to 12months, have set up skyplayer, facebook, friends etc, so will prefer no dvd then lose xbox live

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

swapped, so far so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

mukki wrote: »
    swapped, so far so good

Once you arent using pirated games on it they won't do anything about it man. As far as I can tell once you arent screwing them out of money your grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

People get banned the majority of the time from live for playing "bad copies" of games so if you just using originals you should be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you've been detected then yes, you'll probably get banned.

I believe the XBL TOU state you can't use a modified console, and well you modified it by swapping out the drive. You probably had to spoof it too..

Best bet (and safest) if it's a mechanical fault with the old drive is to swap the faulty drive for one of the exact same type, and simply swap over the PCB (circuit boards). No need for flashing or spoofing or any messing :)

Advertisement