Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite CMS (Content Management System)?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

What's your favourite CMS (Content Management System)?
    Note: This is a general poll and it doesn't matter what type of website it is, So judge on easieness, features etc..

Feelfree to post comments.

Since there are many CMS, I couldn't list them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

CMS Made Simple. I find it very easy to port themes to it. Easy for authors and editors.
    WordPress. Huge community with massive number of plugins. Easy for authors and editors. Excellent API..

CMS Made Simple. I find it very easy to port themes to it. Easy for authors and editors.
    WordPress. Huge community with massive number of plugins. Easy for authors and editors. Excellent API..

Would be my #1 and #2 also. Possibly joomla as #3

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Wordpress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Dawei

My #1 is wordpress as it is so flexible, #2 Joomla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

daymobrew wrote: »

+1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dannystaple

I used to be a fan of tikiwiki, but I have been recently quite impressed by Joomla...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Love wordpress myself, so easy to use and edit, lots of themes and widgets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

<snip>
    My recommendations would be with CMSMS I've been plugging it on here and on IWF long enough :D I find the free templates somewhat lacking

Wordpress I quite like and there are a lot of good templates out there to get people up and running very quickly ...

I've used lots of others ... dislike joomla though the amount of plugins seem to be very strongly in its favour and with some of the commercial themes the likes of rocket themes its got to be a strong contender for a lot of people.

I used quite like textpattern but I've given up on that in recent times.

I also quite like the publishing system that MovableType affords you ... I do however find the templates / backend system somewhat confusing .. maybe I've just not templated enough with it however.

And the final mention I'll give is snews ... http://snewscms.com/

Again at the end of the day its up to you your requirements

CMSMS great for static / content driven sites.

Wordpress great for blogs / article posting sites ... I dislike it for static page type sites

MovableType great for high volume traffic sites given the nature of its publishing system.

[edit]
    I should also mention I quite liked http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki for a wiki type system
    [/edit]

At the end of the day ... its night time ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

CodeSatori wrote: »
    I don't know how much more iWiccle the moderators will take

Absolutely none. Any further mention of Wiccle/iWiccle or any other Bridge Media products on this forum will result in that poster getting banned. Take note of that people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Okay, spam/shill posts deleted and the replies to them (sorry to EP, Micr0 and forbairt, it just looks neater with it all gone). Thread reopened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Sparks wrote: »
    Okay, spam/shill posts deleted and the replies to them (sorry to EP, Micr0 and forbairt, it just looks neater with it all gone). Thread reopened.

No worries about the replies I'd made to the other stuff but erm you deleted my very valid post ? on CMSMS / Wordpress / dokuwiki which actually took a while to write :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sorry forbairt. Snipped out the bit that was talking about Bridge and reinstated the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Left

I've used Joomla for the last few years on numerous sites and it hasn't let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Pagelime for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭juanyjuans

Wordpress - for simple sites its great.

Advertisement