Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build it and they will come

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

22,786 irish and how many brits, germans, french, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No, 22,786 total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

That isn't gonna stop me going. Roll on next October :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Go home ya feckin Irish

...leave the jobs for me... >_>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There are no Jobs here, even all the fruit picking Jobs where i am are gone and there are hundreds looking for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

apologies re mistake above.

jonjo, where you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

lg123 wrote: »
    apologies re mistake above.

jonjo, where you located?

Don't mind JONJO THE MISER, He's very anti-Australia, right down to the bread they sell! Maybe if JONJO THE MISER was a little less negative he'd have no problem securing a job.

I know plenty of people over here and none have had any problems getting work. A mate of a mate got a job in January doing fruit picking and it only took him a few phone calls to get work.

It all depends on what you want to do here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I was gonna post something similar but couldnt figure out how without resorting to an ad Homenim, seems you had the same problem.

But yeah, there are jobs out there, I churn through backpackers on a weekly basis.

Nothin to do with the job more the transient nature of the staff

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Plenty of jobs if you bother your arse to look properly and actually venture a bit further afield than the nearest Irish bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Plenty of jobs if you bother your arse to look properly and actually venture a bit further afield than the nearest Irish bar.

I didn't go near any bars and couldn't find a job in the city. Am going home next Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

thats shockin, you are in BNE aintcha?

PM sent.

Mahatma Coat - One man Recession Buster :D:D:D:D

thats shockin, you are in BNE aintcha?

PM sent.

Mahatma Coat - One man Recession Buster :D:D:D:D

Thanks but I need to go home - got to start saving for college in September and can't do it on minimum wage in Australia.

Confab wrote: »
    Thanks but I need to go home - got to start saving for college in September and can't do it on minimum wage in Australia.

And you can save alot on the dole back home? Have you something lined up?

I'd prefer to live over here on peanuts then go home in the middle of winter on the dole moaning about how things are in Ireland,
    seriously you're going to college for 4 years I'm guessing.... enjoy every minute you have here, you've the rest of your life in Ireland to look forward to!!

Credit to Mahatma coat for the offers, if I were in your position I'd bite his hand off!

Not aimed at you Confab: but some Irish people shouldn't be allowed to leave Ireland, there's just no pleasing them!

And you can save alot on the dole back home? Have you something lined up?

I'd prefer to live over here on peanuts then go home in the middle of winter on the dole moaning about how things are in Ireland,
    seriously you're going to college for 4 years I'm guessing.... enjoy every minute you have here, you've the rest of your life in Ireland to look forward to!!

Credit to Mahatma coat for the offers, if I were in your position I'd bite his hand off!

Not aimed at you Confab: but some Irish people shouldn't be allowed to leave Ireland, there's just no pleasing them!

I do appreciate his offer but yes, I can save lots on the dole at home - up to €600 a month, which is the same amount I could save while working. That said I'll be looking for a job immediately because I'm not guaranteed the dole.

Confab wrote: »
    I do appreciate his offer but yes, I can save lots on the dole at home - up to €600 a month, which is the same amount I could save while working. That said I'll be looking for a job immediately because I'm not guaranteed the dole.

Best of luck, keep us posted and don't forget to pack your ice skates!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

There are defo jobs here it just takes a willingness to do anything and alot of looking, Ive only been in Australia since the 12th of dec and just got offered a job today :D Being here doing anything is better then being stuck in Ireland!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is there many IT jobs around for peeps on a whv?

The_Edge wrote: »
    Is there many IT jobs around for peeps on a whv?

Yes, all depends on experience and what area in IT your in and your location of course, Sydney has the most IT jobs last time I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

There are no Jobs here, even all the fruit picking Jobs where i am are gone and there are hundreds looking for work.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/surge-in-job-ads-as-firms-expand-20100104-lq3q.html

Advertisement