Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap mobo?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,need some advice here,thank you in advance:)

Basically my mobo's bios is fcked up by a bad flash(fyi is a ASUS mobo) and now trying to get a warranty replacement/repair -

while at the mean time, i wonder,why dont i just get a mobo with onboard graphic?
    i have been annoyed in hell by the noisy xfx 8800gs for a long time.this pc will stay with my parents anyway.It is mainly used for online,music,youtube and some old game like Warcraft3 on a 19' monitor.

any thoughts?my cpu is AMD X2 AM2spcket 6000+ anyway.just wish to spend as few as money possible on this pc and solve everything in one go but functional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

What price range are you looking at for the MoBo?

would you be better of going with a cheapish one and getting a diffrent GPU?

I Think you would be best of buying a AM2+ motherboard (seen as it supports AM2 And AM3 socket CPU's) but hey im still new to the whole understand computer's thing

(Im new at this so please dont kill me :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lol looks like no one here has any first hand experience on picking onboard graphic mobo?:P
    i have never bought an onboard graphic mobo :(and thus this thread.

i suppose this looks good:
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=25560&agid=602

@Mister Man:
    lol 8800gs card is certainly a good killing weapon i suppose...

i said above hoping to get the mobo as cheap as possible but able to run simple tasks as i said above:)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=577964

if its just for temp solution try that one has onboard graphics but wouldnt try gaming on them tbh but otherwise should do the job for you and if you pick it up in dublin you dont pay postage so thats a plus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

wow,very nice:D a good idea too,Blanchardstown area wont be hard to find.thx for another handy help boardsie!

Advertisement