Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jungs Typology Test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

I got ESFP
    extraverted 56%
    Sensing 12%
    Feeling 12 %
    Perceiving 56%

Performer

No sure how accurate it is, some of the description very true, but some of it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I N F J
    33 25 50 44

Makes sense, always seem to be listening to and helping with other peoples problems. This should be administered before people decide what they want to study in Uni. Engineering was a massive bore to me and a waste of my time. Ah well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I got ENTP with 1% thinking. That would be me alright :pac: The inventor apparently. Funny though I dont agree with the % I would broadly agree with that as I tend to tweak things in my head and in reality to see how I could improve things. I would also not be analytical like some or differently analytical. I'm not very A B C D in my thinking. I see the wood not the trees when approaching a problem. The trees only vaguely interest me, until the very end. Which can infuriate my peers. One mate of mine who is very linear and way smarter than I, cant follow me half the time and I get equally irritated with his rational ticking off of a list. Actually though it may sound weird, but I think this diff actually helps me help others personal problems. I ignore the trees and details and spot the overall reason why they're actually unhappy in a situation. So inventor eh, though how the fug only thinking 1% is gonna help me build a better mousetrap? ;):D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Your Type is
    ISTJ
    Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    Strength of the preferences %
    89 25 62 33

It picked out both my current career, which is quite specific and the career pathI'm hoping to go down next, which is quite gratifying.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

I got INTJ (33, 25, 38, 33).

The descriptions fit me so well its nearly scary. I'm doing an engineering research postgrad too which is on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

INFJ
    78 25 75 33
    • very expressed introvert
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality
    • distinctively expressed feeling personality
    • moderately expressed judging personality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm a girl INTJ, so I'm doubly rare (its something like 0.0025% of the population are female INTJs). It fits me down to a t though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I'm a girl INTJ, so I'm doubly rare (its something like 0.0025% of the population are female INTJs). It fits me down to a t though.:pac:

Me too. :pac: I wouldn't trust all of those statistics though . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

I N T P
    22 50 1 33

slightly expressed introvert (but I don't want to talk about it:D)
    moderately expressed intuitive personality
    slightly expressed thinking personality
    moderately expressed perceiving personality

The first job that came up was "Education".......and what am I already??
    A Teacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 olgis

ISFP, Artisan portrait of the composer
    More than the other Artisans, Composers are in tune with their senses, and so have a sure grasp of what belongs, and what doesn't belong, in all kinds of works of art. While the other Artisans are skilled with people, tools, and entertainment, Composers have an exceptional ability-seemingly inborn-to work with subtle differences in color, tone, texture, aroma, and flavor.

Although Composers often put long, lonely hours into their artistry, they are just as impulsive as the other Artisans. They do not wait to consider their moves; rather, they act in the here and now, with little or no planning or preparation. Composers are seized by the act of artistic composition, as if caught up in a whirlwind. The act is their master, not the reverse. Composers paint or sculpt, they dance or skate, they write melodies or make recipes-or whatever-simply because they must. They climb the mountain because it is there.
    I do like the arts, so suppose this is fairly accurate:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I got
    Your Type is
    INFJ
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
    67 12 25 33

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
    * slightly expressed intuitive personality
    * moderately expressed feeling personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality

It's a good test, I got similar results before I'd agree with most of the description here http://www.infj.org/public/infjcharacter.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I've known my type for a good while now - I'm INTP.

Finding out about typology really helped me understand who I am and how I interact with others. I tried introducing some friends to it, but one in particular is very wary of being labeled a specific type (she is her own person and will not be pigeon-holed), even though that's not really what typology is all about. It's a tool for understanding yourself and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

INFP
    67 100 12 11
    distinctively expressed introvert
    very expressed intuitive personality
    slightly expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed perceiving personality

sometimes I'm more Thinking than Feeling, depending on how empathetic I'm Feeling!

any other INFPs or INTPs around?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde - you could be INTP with well-developed Fe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Good few around alright, INTP myself.

jkforde - you could be INTP with well-developed Fe?

ok, this IS me.. it's uncanny...
    http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

thanks fluorescence for the pointer! as my personality says I browse so I don't attain 100% knowledge in topics that I'm curious about, so will always need more focused advice. thanks!

Reckon I can take off the floatation arm bands soon...!

Yeah, I love that article - it's scarily accurate for me too. Glad to help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

ENTJ

Took the test a while ago from seeing it posted here. It's very interesting stuff! I'm after getting into the Cognitive behaviors behind the types like Te, Fi etc etc.

I have to say after taking the test and reading up more about my type it's definitely helped me see my strengths and weaknesses as a person. Now to just eradicate the weaknesses! :D

How well regarded is the typology in psychotherapeutic circles? It'd be interesting to see if a lot of the "modern" ills like depression, anxiety etc could be accounted for by/treated by a recognition of people feeling like they need to conform to a given archetype when they are in fact another.

There was a good article in this months American Psychology or Psychology Today (can't remember which) about extrovert vs introvert in society. The author pointed to this being a core dynamic today.

Anyone re-done theirs and seen changes?

This is what I got in January.
    Your Type is
    INTP
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    67 25 50 44
    This is what I got today.
    Your Type is
    INTP
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    100 38 100 11

• Advertisement

I tend to do mine 2 or 3 times a year when it pops into my head (the Please Understand Me book version) and I always get strong IN and P preferences but I vary widely between T and F but now, since I've been introduced to the Fe orientation perspective, it makes sense.

jkforde wrote: »
    I tend to do mine 2 or 3 times a year when it pops into my head (the Please Understand Me book version) and I always get strong IN and P preferences but I vary widely between T and F but now, since I've been introduced to the Fe orientation perspective, it makes sense.

Worth. A read?

yes, worth a read, should be available in 2nd hand places for little or nothing. Having said that, I'd say most the book's content is now online and the book that I have (pub. 1984!) doesn't go into the more recent orientation aspect of it at all... so stick with online sources I'd say!

Please Understand Me's alright (it's how I was introduced to typology), but to be honest there's a ton of information online that's a fair bit more useful than Keirsey's book.

Where? any good links other than the one's listed on this thread?

If you wander over to the forums at typologycentral.com you'll find a wealth of information. Everyone over there is really helpful, and can point you in the direction of innumerable sources on every aspect of typology. :D

Nice site. Thanks for the link fluorescence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Bored on a Saturday night. Makes a change from the usual trashy mag ones I do.

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    33 12 1 33

Us Capricorns dont believe in all this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

INFP Personality Type
    [SIZE=-1]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]22[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]38[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]25[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]44[/SIZE]

Apparently my ideal job is in Counselling, Psychology or Education.

I'm happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

INFJ

Introverted: 44%
    Intuitive: 88%
    Feeling: 38%
    Judging: 1%

Careers: Literature/writer; Humanities; web-designer; philosophy, archaeology.

Happy enough with that :)

Advertisement