Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian restaurant?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for a nice Italian restaurant in South Dublin city? ... Ideally within walking distance of the Mespil, but it's not essential!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Tuscana's on Dame street is one that popped into mind, should do you very nicely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Milano's is on Baggot St bridge, turn right from the hotel and its about 100 mtr's away.

I haven't eaten there so can't give am opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Steps of Rome on Chatham Street just off the top of Grafton Street. Absolutely no competition on the food, as far as I'm concerned. It is more bistro-y than classy restaurant though, if that's a concern, but it's as genuinely Italian as you'll find outside of Italy, I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

Milano's is on Baggot St bridge, turn right from the hotel and its about 100 mtr's away.

A souless chain restaraunt? Why not just go somewhere genuine.

A souless chain restaraunt? Why not just go somewhere genuine.

Keep it on topic, if you can't help don't post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Wasnt mad on it at all. A meal for 2, with a voucher still cost a bomb, and i was not full at all. Actually got more chipper after it I felt that dissatisfied with the quality and the portion given. Wouldnt return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

Keep it on topic, if you can't help don't post.
    I am helping, I'm steering him away from some place and letting others reccomend better alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Milano's is on Baggot St bridge

It's "grand". As MM says it is a chain, but the sloppy guiseppe is yummy!! A little overpriced to be honest. Better off going for the real thing.

I am helping, I'm steering him away from some place and letting others reccomend better alternatives.

Ok, but it sounded like you were knocking it because it was part of a chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bania

Da Vincenzo on Upper Leeson Street, go down Mespil Road and turn left at the bridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Thanks guys, ended up going with Toscana's on Dame Street, it seems to have a fairly extensive menu, which suits myself and the boyfriend as we're both fairly picky eaters! :o It's a bit of a trek from the Mespil but no harm, the walk will do us good after stuffing our faces!

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Although it's not within walking distance,Boticelli's in Temple Bar is quite a nice Italian restaurant.Not too pricey either!

Advertisement