Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheikh Mansour to trade up?

• 29-12-2009 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/29/real-madrid-deny-buy-out
    Real Madrid have denied they have received a mega offer from Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan to buy out the Spanish club.

Reports in Spain suggested the Sheikh was set to shell out €1bn for Madrid and was due to meet the club president Florentino Pérez early in the new year for discussions. However, Madrid insist the story is completely unfounded.

Makes sense i suppose, why drive a Toyota when you can drive a Lexus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/29/real-madrid-deny-buy-out

Makes sense i suppose, why drive a Toyota when you can drive a Lexus?

Right, but if I drive a Toyota, and have made no statements whatsoever about wanting a Lexus, and the Lexus dealership even confirms that Ive not enquired about a Lexus, then the newspaper that says I want a Lexus is full of shit. Why a newspaper is even reporting on what car I drive is another thing completely, but you catch my drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Archimedes wrote: »
    Right, but if I drive a Toyota, and have made no statements whatsoever about wanting a Lexus, and the Lexus dealership even confirms that Ive not enquired about a Lexus, then the newspaper that says I want a Lexus is full of shit. Why a newspaper is even reporting on what car I drive is another thing completely, but you catch my drift.

That such bull**** media "stories" manage to generate discussion amongst soccer fans that goes beyond 'story is groundless' is a damning indictment of soccer fans as a whole I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Real Madrid have already released a statement denying any takeover by the Sheikh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ZOMG HE'S BUYING REAL AND DUMPING CITY LOL!!!1!11!!?????!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

redout wrote: »
    Real Madrid have already released a statement denying any takeover by the Sheikh.

Well thats that then, a press release is the be all and end all in these matters.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That such bull**** media "stories" manage to generate discussion amongst soccer fans that goes beyond 'story is groundless' is a damning indictment of soccer fans as a whole I'm afraid.

Christ you sucking lemons lad? grinch stole your xmas did they?

• Advertisement

I've had a fine Christmas sir! Thanks for asking. Your link is still bull**** though all the same. Carry on though.

Well thats that then, a press release is the be all and end all in these matters.

No, it's just a ****e thread about a nothing story tbh.

Were you expecting praise for it or something :confused:

keane2097 wrote: »
    No, it's just a ****e thread about a nothing story tbh.

Perhaps, but its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that billionaire owner x develops a controlling interest in more then one football club. It's been done.
    Were you expecting praise for it or something :confused:

Yes, yes i was. Validation from internet strangers is my raison d'être.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Perhaps, but its not beyond the bounds of possibilities that billionaire owner x develops a controlling interest in more then one football club. It's been done.

Yes, yes i was. Validation from internet strangers is my raison d'être.

Oh god.

Essentially the OP was - nothing is happening, discuss.

Can't you do ANY better?

• Advertisement

Bloody Spanish with their quirky traditions. I am humbled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Someone should tell Sky Sports News cos they're reporting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

In my opinion its a nothing story. You must consider the nature of ownership of Spanish clubs. Members own the club and elect a president. Consider also how fiercely proud the local people are of owning 'their' club and I think its almost inconceivable that a rich foreign owner could walk in. Also just what could he offer them given the financial support they receive from the banks.

Oh god.

Essentially the OP was - nothing is happening, discuss.

Can't you do ANY better?

Hold your horses there sunshine. i can't recall anything you've ever posted in this forum that has been anything more then background noise yet here you are stinking up this thread and cribbing away about how crap it is. Don't like it run along to somewhere else.

Hold your horses there sunshine. i can't recall anything you've ever posted in this forum that has been anything more then background noise yet here you are stinking up this thread and cribbing away about how crap it is. Don't like it run along to somewhere else.

On that note:

big_lock2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement