Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dante's Inferno

• 29-12-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Demo out on Xbox Live now to download, style of the game looks mental, lots of mad stuff going on!!

Report back on the gameplay when I get a chance to play her!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I played the demo a while back on the PS3. Very good game, quite similar to God Of War, which is no bad thing! this is a definite buy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Played it last week, very God of war / devil may cry etc not a huge amount new in it really, but the demo was a lot of fun for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Good demo, actually very pleasently surprised by a game based on a poem! :) Starring VIRGIL as ... VIRGIL! lol

Bayonetta is good too, similar but with a lot of Japanese insanity in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'll have to check out the demo when i get a chance. Quite intrigued by the game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Played the demo. Thought it was excellent, had a lot of fun playing it. Definately gonna be buying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

+1

Deffo buy for me... Some of the later lvl's (circle's of Hell) look AMAZING !

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Enjoyed the demo it's pretty frantic. Cut scenes are very pretty too, storyline is interesting.

Think the main character could be developed and turn out to be pretty cool. (Tapestry sown across his chest? Awesome or stupid, I think awesome!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Just checked out the demo and damm I want this game now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Checked out the demo, not too impressed. I think visually it's superb, but it's a ****ing nightmare to play with, and the story seems a little too rushed. You're a soldier, you're fighting death, you return home and find your wife raped and dead and taken to hell, and now you're off to find her. As well as that, the B button attack (can't remember the name of it) is completely over powered, just used that to take down everything (except those fire demon thingies)... I dunno, I've been told bayonetta is a better game, so I'll have to have another wack off the demo with that, but I thnk Dante needs to be put back in the oven. Great potential, but a few things need to be fixed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Really like the demo. Defo going to pick up the game when it's out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

played the demo, really liked it despite me not liking those style of games. Think ill be picking this one up when it comes out

played the demo and loved it. Great style and some truly jaw dropping graphics in the cut scenes. The Sewing of the tapestry into his chest was pretty special in my book. This looks like a great dark game and the later levels look to offer plenty of hellish images.

Having never played any of the God of War or Devil May Cry games this should be nice and fresh for me.

I'm hearing alot about Bayonetta now as well though so I have the demo queued up for a download and will play that before making a decision on which of these to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just tried this tonight and I was presently suprised. I really liked it, the GoW feel struck me straight away with the smooth fast paced action.

I just got the GoW HD collection a few weeks ago and could not get into it but this was a different story, don't know why. Might go back and give GoW another try.

The story setting in 1191 and during the Crusades was very Assassin's Creed to me. But after that there is nothing in common. The tapestry on the character remined me of the character in the PC rpg Planescape Tournment with the story ''engraved'' on his back.

This type of game would normally not appeal to me at all but I can see myself picking this up next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I enjoyed the demo way more than I expected to. It's not quite as good Bayonetta, but if one was looking for GoW style game, it'd be a great choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Gameplay wasn't anything special but I want it purely for the fact it's based around part of the Divine Comedy and the art direction is actually pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I got this game about 2 years ago, and it just never gripped me. I think I played it for half an hour, and traded it back in.

Picked it up last week, to use against LA Noire on Friday. I'm an hour in and enjoying it so much more. The cutscenes actually look really good! I love seeing how this game affected Dead Space. There's a lot of similar art and sounds!

If i'm not mistaken Dead Space was out before this so if anything this would have been influenced by that. It's a good game but kinda forgettable when all is said and done. I enjoyed it and would recommend it though. Some great images in some of the early levels but things just become a bit grey and samey then throughout the course of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i loved that game. very very good atmosphere. My misses does not like gaming much, but she was making me play it, becouse she just loved the whole concept!

great game, great story, great gameplay.

people do give it a bad time for having same concept as god of war, but it borrows it and make it work in great way.

there is a hint of sequal, and if its true it is a day one buy for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Healium wrote: »
    I got this game about 2 years ago, and it just never gripped me. I think I played it for half an hour, and traded it back in.

Picked it up last week, to use against LA Noire on Friday. I'm an hour in and enjoying it so much more. The cutscenes actually look really good! I love seeing how this game affected Dead Space. There's a lot of similar art and sounds!
    Heh, Dead Space came out a long time before this game mate...

its an alright game though, nothing memorable for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I finished it last night
    As did I.

"To be continued......"

ARRRRRGH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I finished it last night, found brilliant from an art and design point of view. Some of the level design was great, wasnt too pushed in regard to the actualy game mechanics. Thankfully you can change the difficulty on the fly as I wasnt bothered spending ages on certain bosses.
    oh m8, havent seen you here around ;).

totally agree, its art and design is just briliant. you just wanting to keep playing and find out what happened next or you whana see next circle!

i finished it on normal and it was some damn fight i have to say. bosses are great and unique, but very hard.

great game all in all for me, lets hope there will be an sequal. that games teaches: there is no such thing as white and black. ;)

Advertisement