Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making up baby rice

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Guys, this may seem like a silly question but need some advice on making up baby rice. It says on the box to mix 1 spoon of rice with 2 spoons of water/milk. I did this but it's a really liquid consistency just like milk is this too runny to be giving as solids? If I add more rice to make it thicker(like it looks on the cover of box) the ratio of rice to liquid will be wrong & will baby get a pain then?
    I hope ye understand what I'm trying to explain
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd just give it to the child runny and follow the guidelines. It's fine like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

How old is baby? I gave my daughter baby rice first at 6 mths and while they are getting used to solids it's probably good if messy to give them runny rice. They cope better with runny until ththey are experienced I think. Once she got used to eating I mixed to a thicker consistancy. Same goes for all the milupa baby cereals - guidelines would make liquid cereal. BTW babies love the milupa orange cereal. Once I gave her that she got very interested.

Advertisement