Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best video editing sw

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking for some advice on video editing. I have countless hours of raw video and need to tidy them up and actually make some dvds at last.
    Whats the best as in easiest software for

publishing to youtube.
    editing cutting video, inserting audio.
    adding effects.
    making the dvd

I had nero on an old pc beforefound it so cumbersum cutting I lost interest.

Also is there any vidoe editing courses you can go on.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9, really good piece of software.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

i just got a toshiba camelio s20 for a bit of fun filiming,how do i transfer the video clips i record on the toshiba over to my lap top,i got all the leads etc and a disc thathad hardware for the camera i installed all of that but i still havent a clue,could any1 help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

betonit wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im looking for some advice on video editing. I have countless hours of raw video and need to tidy them up and actually make some dvds at last.
    Whats the best as in easiest software for

publishing to youtube.
    editing cutting video, inserting audio.
    adding effects.
    making the dvd

I had nero on an old pc beforefound it so cumbersum cutting I lost interest.

Also is there any vidoe editing courses you can go on.

Thanks.

For some advanced editing and effects, adobe premier pro and after effects will do the job. For simple jobs like youtube or home videos, windows movie maker is pretty good, and it may already be installed on your machine.
    how do i transfer the video clips i record on the toshiba over to my lap top,i got all the leads etc and a disc thathad hardware for the camera i installed all of that but i still havent a clue,could any1 help

If its a camera, u can just transfer the files lie you would from a memory stick, or its a camcorder, hook up the cables, have the pc and camcorder turned on, open the software and look for some kind of capture option. Have the tape playing so you know its working. there should be a record button that will let you record to your hardrive

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

when i plug into my camcorder it turns off.but in the instructions it says that suppose to happen.thanks for the help anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

thanks guys..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

twincamman wrote: »
    i just got a toshiba camelio s20 for a bit of fun filiming,how do i transfer the video clips i record on the toshiba over to my lap top,i got all the leads etc and a disc thathad hardware for the camera i installed all of that but i still havent a clue,could any1 help

This is a great software to start with. Very easy to use. And only $19. It is legit.

Cyberlink Power Producer 3

Advertisement