Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone - help needed guys?

• 29-12-2009 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭

hi guys.

i live approx 6km from my enabled exchange in turloughmore in galway. i recently switched from eircom ( rubbish! ) to vodafone and so far have found voda to be very reliable. however i supposedly am on a 3mb connection but amd only ever getting about 1,3 mb on my router status? did ping and jitter test and this was result - 6503238.png
    here is reults from my router

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps) 256 1088
    MaxRate(kbps) 844 1248
    NoiseMargin(dB) 12.0 7.9
    Attenuation(dB) 63.5 31.5
    Power(dBm) 4.8 15.5

can anyone see any probs there as to why i cant get 3mb and is anyone in same boat??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your attenuation is at the max, you're lucky to even get 1Mbps on it. There isn't a hope in hell you'll get anything near 3Mbps, so paying for it is a waste of money.

Actually, just noticed it's your upstream that's very bad. Your sync rate is only 1.3Mbps anyway, which means you're not going to get more than that. If your line is 6km long, then it's not going to get any better. You have long, and possibly poor line. It's not going to get any better than what you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

being honest, be glad you can get 1Mb BB compared to most of this country, 6km is a grand distance from the exchange

Advertisement