Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Summer tour dates announced, but hopefully more will be added soon.

rizuhj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Gold Cobra is to be released June 7th, Hopefully they come back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

Zakk Wylde shares his thoughts on Limp Bizkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I like BLS, but Zakk's a bit of a dickhead, quite racist too.

Nailz wrote: »
    ....quite racist too.

Off topic, but can you add a bit to that? Never thought that about Zakk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Cole wrote: »
    Off topic, but can you add a bit to that? Never thought that about Zakk.
    A quick Web search will turn up plenty of information for you to read through. Try this.

Malice wrote: »
    A quick Web search will turn up plenty of information for you to read through. Try this.

Plenty of information? I had already done that google search and all that I could see were a limited number of matches from a few other internet forums. These were comments that were not based on any actual evidence, just speculation or one persons opinion.....from what I could see.

If you type in John Lennon racist:eek: or Chris Martin racist:eek: or gay etc, or probably any other celebrity, you will find similiar speculation.

Sorry to derail the thread, but if that claim is put out there about Zakk Wylde, then I'd like to see the evidence. He can come across as a gobsh*te at times, but if thought he was racist I'd be the first one to drop him from my record collection.

He's an idiot with that old krusty bruxelles attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Love another Olympia Gig, hate a gig in The Point

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Why would you drop him from your record collection. His personality has no affect whatsoever on his music.

Besides, plenty of the old greats were racist. Take a look at johnny cash for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

lol, Fred Durst and Limb Bizkit seem to be very hated amonst their peers in the music industry. Zakk Wylde, Slipknot and Steel Panther have all went on record to basically bash Durst and Bizkit in the past. You could also add Eminem to the list of people who hate them as well.

Anyway I used to be a fan of Limb Bizkit when I was a kid, around the time Rolling was released. But as the years went by and my music taste got bigger, I stopped being a fan of them. I especially don't like their pre-madonna attitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Riddle101 wrote: »
    lol, Fred Durst and Limb Bizkit seem to be very hated amonst their peers in the music industry. Zakk Wylde, Slipknot and Steel Panther have all went on record to basically bash Durst and Bizkit in the past. You could also add Eminem to the list of people who hate them as well.

Anyway I used to be a fan of Limb Bizkit when I was a kid, around the time Rolling was released. But as the years went by and my music taste got bigger, I stopped being a fan of them. I especially don't like their pre-madonna attitudes.

Yeah because music before her was so great eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Does he even have a reason to hate them or is he just one of these METTTAALLLL fans who are so closed minded that they couldnt possibly like Limp Bizkit? (...any more. everyone used to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Plenty of information? I had already done that google search and all that I could see were a limited number of matches from a few other internet forums. These were comments that were not based on any actual evidence, just speculation or one persons opinion.....from what I could see.
    Fair points Cole, and having had a quick read of some of the linked stuff it seems to be people wanting to associate his use of the Confederate flag with racism rather than any specific incident.
    Cole wrote:
    If you type in John Lennon racist:eek: or Chris Martin racist:eek: or gay etc, or probably any other celebrity, you will find similiar speculation.
    Funnily enough...
    Cole wrote:
    Sorry to derail the thread, but if that claim is put out there about Zakk Wylde, then I'd like to see the evidence. He can come across as a gobsh*te at times, but if thought he was racist I'd be the first one to drop him from my record collection.
    Personally I couldn't care less what someone is like in real life when I'm listening to their music. The music is what should appeal, not the person or people behind it.
    Gerard.C wrote:
    Does he even have a reason to hate them or is he just one of these METTTAALLLL fans who are so closed minded that they couldnt possibly like Limp Bizkit? (...any more. everyone used to!)
    Good post. Elitists really piss me off.

Malice wrote: »
    Personally I couldn't care less what someone is like in real life when I'm listening to their music. The music is what should appeal, not the person or people behind it.

Each to their own, but for me there are some characteristics in a person that would affect my enjoyment of their music, being a racist would be one of them.

I know he has this stroppy fcuker kind of image, but from what I know of Zakk (interviews etc.) he seems to be a decent guy....underneath all that METTTAALLLL bluster;). You'll find that opinion offered online too.

Anyway enough of Zakk, carry on with the Limp Bizkit bashing....or loving.:)

I actually agree with you Cole, I don't have hard backing to say that Zakk is racist, I just think he is, I kind of picked up an assumption from his attitude and his wigger hate. I Use the term wigger too the odd time, I don't think it's too bad of phase, but the context in which I find Zakk using it I think is a bit racist.

Just a feeling, probably shouldn't have posted it as it's essentially a hunch. I like his music and am a fan of BLS, one of my first gigs was a BLS gig in fact, but it he actually turned out to be racist for definite I'll be on the same boat as Malice - I wouldn't necessarily be bothered listening to his music regardless, I already knew he was a dick anyway! :p But each to their own I guess.

......I kind of picked up an assumption from his attitude and his wigger hate. I Use the term wigger too the odd time, I don't think it's too bad of phase, but the context in which I find Zakk using it I think is a bit racist.

I thought he said "fcuk all that wiener ass sh*it" in the clip:o....but I listened back.

Not sure what to think.:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Limp Bizkit fans - NEW release date is JUNE 28 !! Had our Interscope meeting today, went amazing. We picked our singles. Time for videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Limp Bizkit fans - NEW release date is JUNE 28 !! Had our Interscope meeting today, went amazing. We picked our singles. Time for videos.

I'll pick it up, might see them at Sonisphere, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Population 436, a movie starring Fred Durst, is on TV3 at 02:50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Fan or not, you have to see some sort of comedic value in this.

First single and video coming next week apparently...
    cover.jpg
    That is the cover found on Amazon of what is possibly Limp Bizkit’s new single. Check it out on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk where you can hear a sample of it, too.

Thanks to forum members vanRok and nylimpfan for this discovery. The cover definitely looks Wes-like.

As for the release date, Play.com says May 15th. Amazon.co.uk says May 13th and Amazon.com says May 17th. I’m gonna go with my gut instinct and say Amazon.com, being the biggest, is right. But hey, could be different release dates based on location (Europe, USA, etc…).

At least something is happening this month, so that’s good news.

UPDATE: Fred confirmed this was legit via Twitter:

“[It] looks pretty legit to me since that’s the new logo I drew and the painting Wes did on the single artwork I turned in last week.”
    from Thearmpit.net

I will give this a fair chance and see what comes out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I like it, but I don't think the transition flows well. It feels very edit and you can tell it was over-dubbed. Well to me anyway

Am I the only one who thinks that, despite my argument regarding Metallica not doing the same, Fred Durst should really tone down the language. He must realise that like most bands with a longer lifespan some of his most loyal fanbase has aged with him - he should have given up most of this crotchgrabbing and calling everyone a mother****er when he started shaving, certainly if he found the Unquestionable Truth wasn't to everyone's taste he could at least tone down the language.

Just my two cent's anyway, for what it's worth, I like how it sounds

Am I the only one who thinks that, despite my argument regarding Metallica not doing the same, Fred Durst should really tone down the language. He must realise that like most bands with a longer lifespan some of his most loyal fanbase has aged with him - he should have given up most of this crotchgrabbing and calling everyone a mother****er when he started shaving, certainly if he found the Unquestionable Truth wasn't to everyone's taste he could at least tone down the language.

Just my two cent's anyway, for what it's worth, I like how it sounds
    Well I didn't hear the F-word there at all to be fair. But I do agree, when bands like PanterA swear I think it's grand because they've something to show angst for, but for Limp Bizkit it's a bit much and always has been a bit much to be honest because most of Durst's lyrics are him saying shït about how big of a man he his, home much respect you show him and if you insult moms he's gonna kick your mother fücking ass, biatch. Well, maybe minus the biatch but you get the point. But I don't really think Durst is able to make that transition because of his pervious style, like what else could he do, I'd love to hear some social criticism but I don't think that's going to happen.

Well I didn't hear the F-word there at all to be fair.

I had to double check this but I believe the lyrics go

"P..P..Part of the Rock Ship, Part of the Rock Ship....what you gonna do what you're sitting at home on your empty asshole with the mother****in' sawnoff?"
    But I do agree, when bands like PanterA swear I think it's grand because they've something to show angst for, but for Limp Bizkit it's a bit much and always has been a bit much to be honest because most of Durst's lyrics are him saying shït about how big of a man he his, home much respect you show him and if you insult moms he's gonna kick your mother fücking ass, biatch.

Totally agree
    Well, maybe minus the biatch but you get the point.

I'm almost positive I've heard the word biatch from this man's mouth

Close enough with the song "Stuck"
    You wanna play that game bitch
    You take a dash for my cash, it's your ass that I'm blasting
    Boy you wanna play that game bitch
    You take a dash for my cash, it's your ass that I'm blasting
    You're bad luck, you're so...stuck
    But I don't really think Durst is able to make that transition because of his pervious style, like what else could he do, I'd love to hear some social criticism but I don't think that's going to happen.

I think The Unquestionable Truth Part 1 was a great example of Bizkit trying to change, Durst trying to change, but the public's reaction to that album (and this was more caused by the lack of promotion from the label) effectively destroyed the chance of Part 2 - maybe not the whole album in there, but there were sparks of a change

As well as that, and most importantly, when they released the old Rock Im Ring show on CD and DVD the sales of that proved to the label there was a big market there for the "old" sound and this really pushed people into making this happen. Money and sales talk.

So heres the new single....shudder

• Advertisement

shudder?
    its ****in awesome

Advertisement