Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mo/bo problems

Options
  • 29-12-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

ok for some reason my machine bluescreened the other day playing batman, have it a while now running perfect.
    have been unable to get it up and runinng since mo/bo alarm keeps going off (single beep) which i think is processer problem ,have tried reseating the chip with new thermal paste etc still no luck. problem happened day i installed win 7 on machine

spec

asus crosshair 2 flashed to support am3 chips
    amd phenom x4 965 oc to 3.8ghz
    zallman cpu cooler
    80 gig western dig sata hdd
    8 gig ram
    asus xonair D2X soundcard
    2x gtx 260
    1000watt psu
    win 7 ultimate

any ideas guys and pls dont say chip is fecked :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 xtreme couture

bring it to a technician

down clock ur processor reset cmos and re start

make sure the heat sink is down properly on cpu aswell, it happened me before the bracket was a tad wider than the gap for fittin and the bracket was pushed on top of the transistors and not down fully on cpu, "couldnt figure out why i was gettin crazy temp reading" lol good lucckkkkkkkk:)

check for virusues also take out ram,gpu battery disconnect all "except psu" and start up board

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

the cpu runs stock at 3.4 so its not really oc'd much:D.
    reset the mo/bo several times with no luck, reapplied paste to chip and reseated it and the heatsink still nothing. one side of the heatsink was loose when i checked it so i have a bad feeling the chip might be done for, am tryin to get my hands on a 5600 now to check it.if works

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that dude, i ve been there so many times u would feel like smashing it up and makin a u tube video, lol ,may the force be with u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

xtreme couture, there is an edit button :p
    if you can get into the bios,
    id say throw it back to stock clock speeds and bench it for a while.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Don't know what Zalman you have but most of them are geared toward Quiet and Shiny and may not be at all happy with shunting the crazy thermal output of an X4-965BE up at 3.8GHz :o

Best bet is to yank out the mobo's battery for a minute and hit the button/jumper (if any) to reset your CMOS. You'll lose any OC but it might resurrect your mobo. Also check the mobo for damage, especially to the CPU voltage regulators. If the mobo still won't start they could have popped under the strain - an OCd X4-965BE has massive power draw and could have overwhelmed a dodgy VRM :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jock Strap

By any chance have you moved from 32bit to a 64 bit OS? You'll need a smidge more voltage to keep that thing OC'd with 64bit OS. Be prepared for a cruelly disproportionate increase in power consumption though. Hope your cooler is up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-253-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1328

that is the chip in question as i said stock is 3.4ghz so running at 3.8 on the zallman was fine for the past couple of months or so , till christmas eve of all days:P.

as for the os i changed from vista ultimate 64 to win 7 ultimate 64 so i dont think that was the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement