Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont they put toys in cereal anymore??

Options
  • 29-12-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

me and my bro were wondering why dont they put the free toys in cereal boxes anymore after seeing them get some on an episode of scrubs this morning? i know it probably from some child after choking on one but we're just curious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

adya wrote: »
    me and my bro were wondering why dont they put the free toys in cereal boxes anymore after seeing them get some on an episode of scrubs this morning? i know it probably from some child after choking on one but we're just curious?

too many compo cases and product tainted by toys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

The episode could be years old.

TV Forum WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ironically, the OP doesn't sound like he is old enough to remember when there were toys in cereals... :D

EDIT: WTF? Television forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

manutd wrote: »
    The episode could be years old.

Speak English, not text talk.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Blackjack wrote: »
    ??

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Speak English, not text talk.

?? Can't see any text talk there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

:confused::confused::confused:

who was speaking "Text Talk"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Moved to Food and Drink with redirect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd say the main reason is as has been said - court cases and 'tainting' etc.
    Maybe companies are losing out by paying for toys to put in them too.

Most now have coupons or things that you collect and send away with money to get a 'toy' or book.
    CDs have come free on the front of cereal in recent times. Maybe it was one of the things considered when they started reducing sugar content etc.

Advertisement