Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in Galway

Options
  • 29-12-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Just sitting here in work and the looking out on an all white landscape. Wish I had the camera to take a few snaps. Anyone got any:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah a few snaps and a short video. Might upload later :)

There is a thread in the weather forum looking for pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aww...it's just rain in Tuam with tiny snow flakes dotted in with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Rylan wrote: »
    Just sitting here in work and the looking out on an all white landscape. Wish I had the camera to take a few snaps. Anyone got any:)

So that's what it is!?...I was worried the Volcano in Mervue erupted again..ah toi toi toi...tis pretty...annoying too though..I want to walk to the shop but not in that, damn snow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wompa1 wrote: »
    So that's what it is!?...I was worried the Volcano in Mervue erupted again..ah toi toi toi...tis pretty...annoying too though..I want to walk to the shop but not in that, damn snow

I'd go now if I was you.It'll be less fun later on when this freezes over.

Right now it's gorgeous though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Roads and footpaths are going to be a disaster tonight and tomorrow, this is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I really didn't think this would last the two hours it's been going...I thought it would be the usual 5 minute flurry and then back to rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'm going out! If I'm not back in a few hours say something nice and crack open a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

THE WEATHER GURU'S over on the weather forum are predciting "Epic" snowfall this evening/tonight

:eek:

alibabba wrote: »
    THE WEATHER GURU'S over on the weather forum are predciting "Epic" snowfall this evening/tonight

It's getting pretty light where I am right now :(

...and it's stopped :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Snow in Galway 29/12/09
    dscf1608ii.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Apart from being 3 feet wide, what has that got to do with snow ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Interesting picture but needs to be resized.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Interesting picture but needs to be resized.
    Does need to be re-sized, but if you right-click and select view image, the browser will open it and re-size it accordingly for you (in Firefox anyway...).
    There is a thread in the weather forum looking for pics.
    Some of the pics here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055778676

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They're of the ice on Christmas eve, not the snow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Was lovely for a while, walked around Shantalla/Rahoon/Westside. Slushy now, but if it drops down tonight the paths and roads will be like ice rinks!
    Am having a plan B for New Years in case (Plan A involved The Burren!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Das Kitty wrote: »
    They're of the ice on Christmas eve, not the snow though.

Yep that was just the from the freezing fog and mist before christmas.
    Seems to be mainly rain at the moment, some snow still clinging on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Anyone know what road conditions are like around the City with this heavy snow???

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Anyone know what road conditions are like around the City with this heavy snow???

Take a wild Guess

• Advertisement

Pictures taken 19.50 - 30/12/2009 Galway City !!!! :D ( I know your Jealous )
    dscf1711.jpg
    -
    dscf1701.jpg
    -
    dscf1697.jpg
    -
    dscf1705c.jpg

Really Heavy Snowfall cant see it lifting over night or tomorrow as temp are'nt rising above "0"Degrees. Serious size snow flakes !!:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That was sudden, had my pregnant lady nap after getting in out of the pissing rain, woke up an hour and a half later to a winter wonderland.

Why is there so flipping much lovely snow the only year I can't go out in it? Bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Now the pictures are too small :pac:

I see you are using imageshack.

On imageshack, click browse and upload your pics, don't tick "resize image". When it's uploaded copy and paste the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" link into your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im travelling back up there tomorrow, here's hoping I can make it. Throwing a bit of a new years party too, it wont be much good if people cant make the journey to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Snow threads merged

Update: Pictures taken 20.50 - 30/12/2009 Galway City !

dscf1734o.jpg
    -
    dscf1732.jpg
    -
    dscf1724e.jpg
    -
    dscf1722xf.jpg
    -
    dscf1712b.jpg
    -
    dscf1711m.jpg
    -
    dscf1717.jpg

Really Heavy Snowfall cant see it lifting over night or tomorrow as temp are'nt rising above "0"Degrees. Serious size snow flakes + No let down in snow as like hour ago still going strong!!:D

Forcast For Galway City :
    Where will the snow get time to melt can't see it here ? Looks like it could be a trouble-some few days:D.
    snowfor.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Well it's all gone now, my footpath is actually dry for the first time in weeks. But I bet there's another dose on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Made it all the way through the coldsnap without slipping once then one of the last patches of ice in Galway slams me down on my ass as I was walking to Lidl.

Thargor wrote: »
    Made it all the way through the coldsnap without slipping once then one of the last patches of ice in Galway slams me down on my ass as I was walking to Lidl.

Doubt you'll be the last of the slippers. It was just on the news that temperatures are expected to reach -10 or below on Saturday night possibly dipping to -13!:eek:
    The dark haired weather forecaster with the fringe from RTE(cant remember her name) said so it must be true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

This is fantastic. I have to go from Cork to Galway on the 3rd. Should be interesting.

Advertisement