Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 problem

• 29-12-2009 3:48pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My N95 has just stopped working,it was bought overseas in the summer (my old man lost his phone and bought one while away when he got back he was not mad about it so gave it to me.)

It works fine but I just cant make any calls or send texts.Its not the sim card as I have put my one into MrsDub13 phone and it works fine.I am with meteor if that makes any difference.

The only thing I can think of is its somehow been locked,any ideas..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

well u shud be able to turn it on and take pics n play music, if not then it sounds like its broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it stuck in 'offline' mode?

Or if not, do you have bars showing network reception?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Everything is working fine I just cant make calls.I have all the bars showing network reception.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What does it display on the handset when you attempt to make a call? Say for example to your voicemail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Have you put in MsDub13's sim card and tried to make a call. What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

What happens when you try to make a call or send a txt?

MarkR wrote: »
    What does it display on the handset when you attempt to make a call? Say for example to your voicemail?

Nothing it will trying for a few secs to make the connection and then just stop.All the time showing full network reception.
    funkyjebus wrote: »
    Have you put in MsDub13's sim card and tried to make a call. What happened?

The same thing,So I don't think its the chip.
    Simply Red wrote: »
    What happens when you try to make a call or send a txt?

Nothing,the text will come back a few hours later as failed.Its strange as the phone has been working for the last 10 min but that was all I got out of it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Dub13 wrote: »
    Nothing it will trying for a few secs to make the connection and then just stop.All the time showing full network reception.

The same thing,So I don't think its the chip.

Nothing,the text will come back a few hours later as failed.Its strange as the phone has been working for the last 10 min but that was all I got out of it today.

Its defo the phone then. It could be blacklisted by mistake. But i'd first check it wasn't just a software problem. Bring it to fonemenders on South Anne Strret, D2 or the phone centre on Dawson St. They will both do a software upgrade on the phone which should if it is not blacklisted, fix the issue. This will be free if its still under a year.

This gets stranger,I had the phone with me today in the city and it was working fine.So I decided to not bring it into a shop while it was working,anyway I get home and its not working again.So it seems its only when I am at home that its not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you change the settings to use gsm only, and see does that make it any better

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Can you change the settings to use gsm only, and see does that make it any better

I will give that a go and see what happens.

***edit*** this seems to have got it working for now,I will let you know if it stays working.What is this setting for anyway...?***

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Phones can connect via 3g or gsm I think, with 3g being the best quality. Usually it will try at that rate, then roll back to gsm. Most handsets will have auto mode, or gsm only mode, presumably for bad coverage areas.

Advertisement