Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

software testing certifications

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

youre over qualified for the first
    second is same as first but less money -
    third looks good and 50k is not to be snuffed at, key word there is agile which probably also means the testing is broad which would help with the repetitiveness of the job - id imagine they would like to see a diverse range of applications and systems on your cv for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

If you are familiar with tools such as nUnit, NANT, CruiseControl etc these would help. While those tools are mainly developer focused understanding them will help if you want in on the Agile side of things.

There is a shift towards TDD (especially in Scandanavia) which negates a lot of the software tester roles like this. What is starting to be seen is that the software tester is becoming a scripter in writing automated tests and by this that role is added to the developer responsibilities

Are you qualified enough.. possibly, tho without hands on experience it might be a long shot.

The main certifications for this are CSTP, certs from QAI and ISTQB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

I went to the Prometric website and it took me to the website below;

http://www.softwarecertifications.org/

I cannot see any CSTP certifications. How long does it take to complete these. Do I need to complete all the exams? Is this like the MCSE in that you really need to complete all before you would be seriously considered for any 2nd-3rd level support position?

thanks

Advertisement