Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland Dublin 2009 - Dec 26th-Jan 7th - RDS Simmonscourt

Options
  • 29-12-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I just thought I'd start up a Funderland thread to play host to all of the potential gripe and/or praise for this year's Funderland event.

Does anyone know why the rollercoaster (I think it's called Shockwave) is closed? I went last night and BAM! It was shut with a train apparently stuck on the chain lift.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

How much are the rides this year?The last time I went was a few years ago and the prices were extortionate

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MGSman123

Well, they're still kinda pricey... I'm not sure what your extortionate is. Most rides were 2.50, but there were some at 3-3.50. Most of the kiddie rides were about 1.50-2.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

MGSman123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the rollercoaster (I think it's called Shockwave) is closed? I went last night and BAM! It was shut with a train apparently stuck on the chain lift.

Well thats a bit shtt isn't it. I've been looking forward to going on the rollercoaster again this year. Hope they have it sorted for tomorrow.

Was 4.50 for the rollercoaster last year (ripp-off). I've heard they dropped their prices this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Couldn't go last year as was only after a c section and can't feckin go again this year as I'm pregnant again... Oh how I miss funfairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Was there on monday night. Special offer on in the evenings, you can get a wristband for €15 which gives you unlimited rides between 6 and 10pm. If your going down the wristband route, I would advise booking online. They have a seperate queue and is much shorter than the regular one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I was looking forward to funderland for the past few weeks but the awful weather has crushed plans of going. Absolutely atrocious weather we're having at the moment, and even worse today with all this wind! I only live up the road from Funderland but it isn't worth it in these horrible conditions.
    lol the ferris wheel will be the scariest ride in the wind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I thought it was running til the 10th, not the 7th? Was planning on going next thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MGSman123

Driver 8 wrote: »
    I thought it was running til the 10th, not the 7th? Was planning on going next thursday

My bad! Changed the date... sorry about that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the rollercoaster was closed due to the weather.ice on the tracks, i went yesterday to relive my youth,good laugh, extreme was the best ride i found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

What was the freak in the freak show stall?

TBH I was a little worried as people with strange deformities make me uncomfortable and I was worried that the act would be of that type of person and that they would be running around in there and being right up in my face. So curious though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Is the rollercoaster open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I went the other day and everything was open, think the wrist band idea was amazing. Had a great time.

Advertisement