Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant connect To Xbox Live

• 29-12-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

my xbox live wireless adaptor is not connecting to my wifi, i am with smart telecom and it doesnt seem to connect, i have used the same password to connect my iphone to the wireless connection but it doesnt seem to be working for the adaptor. i picked up the adaptor cause i thought it would be plug in and play as i was sick of piggybacking the connection from my laptop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

When you do your network test on your xbox, how far does it get? Does it give any error messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Bit of a sticky subject :rolleyes:

Turn down your firewall settings in your router home page (192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

it shows the connection:

xbox360 -> speedtouch (wireless) -> internet -> xbox live

it fails between the first bit of xbox360 and speedtouch
    theres a problem with your connection. select more info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it

when i select more info it says
    your wireless network is secured with a WEP key or WPA passphrase. your console may be using the wrong one.

on your pc, go to your router configuration web page and write down your wireless networks WEP key or WPA passphrase

what does this actually mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

what is a routers homepage?

naive i know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

RHunce wrote: »
    it shows the connection:

Normally it means that you have entered the passsword for the wifi incorrectly...Have you double checked the password?

According to google the admin page for your router is:

And the default username and passwords are:
    Default admin username: Administrator
    Default admin password: <blank>

If you use these to log into the router you can check/change the wifi password and change your firewall settings down although if your xbox cant connect to the network then i dont think thats the problem...

Did you try restarting the xbox and then removing and adding the network to the netork settings page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

RHunce wrote: »
    it shows the connection:

Actually this is probably the reason your are having problems:

Do you know if you are WEP/WPA/WPA2 on your wireless network?

cos (taken from another forum):
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/a...ssnetworkadapter.htm

Make Your Wireless Network Secure

Because wireless networks use radio signals, it's possible for other wireless network devices outside your immediate area to pick up the signals and either connect to your network or capture the network traffic. To help prevent unauthorized connections and reduce the possibility of eavesdroppers listening in on your network traffic:

* Position your router or access point as close as possible to the center of your home. This decreases the strength of the signal outside your home.
    * Enable wireless security on your router or access point. Your wireless networking adapter supports WPA and WEP security. When you enable wireless security, you establish a key that "encrypts" the data being wirelessly transmitted so that it is decipherable only by computers with the same key. Furthermore, WPA automatically changes keys on a frequent basis, making your system more secure.

Note

Some copies of the instruction manual for the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter state that the adapter is compatible with the WPA2 security standard. At this time the adapter works only with WPA and WEP security.

Link not working:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907602?sd=xbox

The wireless security settings are rejected
    When you enter the wireless security settings, remember that the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) keys must be in hexadecimal format and that the Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) pass phrases may be alphanumeric.

Advertisement