Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDGE Teaching Practice

• 29-12-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to do the PDGE next September. When is the best time to apply to schools for teaching practice? Should I apply before I get accepted into the course? I won't find out till April or is the earlier you apply the better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Doing it this year and I applied after I got accepted. I don't think there is anything stopping you looking for a school before you get accepted but I'd say wait until you get accepted and then look. Depending on where you are doing it,its not too hard to get a school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭niall3r

Well Id say its a bit early now but providing you are confident of getting a place then I would start sending out letters couple days/weeks before the acceptance as the schools closest to the schools will be snapped up straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

They prefer you not to ask around beforehand, but I don't think there is any harm in it. The only thing about that is you won't get a principal willing to put it in writing for you until later on.

What I would do if you have any non-compulsory subjects is get a profile of schools that offer those subjects, save you time later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭drusk

If you have a particular school in mind, then maybe ring them a week before the acceptance date to see if it'd be okay.

Otherwise, start applying the DAY you get accepted, no later. Some schools get filled with dips very quickly.

Advertisement