Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Trip Ireland

• 29-12-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Has anyone undertaken a driving holiday/trip around Ireland? Im thinking of doing it this summer and im just wondering if anyone know's a planned tourist route i could take?
    i was thinking of just heading south from dublin through wicklow/wexford and then just following the road around the south coast till we get to kerry/clare.

any links or ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think you just planned it! :)

Whats your time frame? A week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

yeah i was thinking a week 10 days..i was just going to buy a tourist ireland book in easons a hit all the listed attractions along the route..yeh i suppose i've kinda answered my own question..maybe there are some things i should bring in case the car goes wonky? spark plugs and what not!

*we have a spark plug down here* :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You should join the Motors Offline forum where there is a discussion about "all the way around" which WILL be a drive around the counties of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

mike65 wrote: »
    *we have a spark plug down here* :)
    Just the one. Its on a first come first served basis. After that we would have to order it but that could take a couple of months to get from the Pail though.

I heard they come from america though.

Sounds like a good idea.

Myself and the missus drove around Kerry on a couple of Sundays there over the Summer. Had a great time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I would suggest going North instead. The Antrim Coast Road was voted 5th in a BBC report of 5000 people out of 50 views from around the world.
    Sooz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

Magnus wrote: »
    I would suggest going North instead. The Antrim Coast Road was voted 5th in a BBC report of 5000 people out of 50 views from around the world.
    Sooz

It's pretty alright, but I think the Ring of Kerry is even more spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

rubensni wrote: »
    It's pretty alright, but I think the Ring of Kerry is even more spectacular.

Yes but not the standard ring of kerry route. The Conor Pass, Gap of Dunloe and Healy Pass(towards Kenmare) are much better than the usual crap around Kerry rental cars normally see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

yep..keep it coming!

i'd be interested in a list of picturesque sites that must be seen...

A few places I'd lump in that I know -

Wexford in order of appearence travelling east to west - Johnstown Castle, Kilmore Quay, Tinturn Abbey, Hook Head, JFK Arboritum.

Waterford
    Cross the estuary on the Ballyhack/Passage East car ferry, Dunmore East, Tramore (for an ice-cream and a bracing walk along the prom), copper coast drive between Tramore and Dungarvan then, N72 to Lismore to see the Castle (manor house really) and its gardens, double back to Cappoquinn and follow the Dromona Drive south to Youghal on the N25 and then on to Cobh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

http://www.discoverireland.ie/

For great activities and attractions browse Things To See and Do, and check out what’s on in Festivals and Events.

Discover fantastic destinations, or if you're looking for a great place to stay in Ireland, see holiday accommodation and Special Offers.

Advertisement