Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

antenna adaptor

• 29-12-2009 5:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Didn't think this warranted being posted in the Modified forum so putting it here - feel free to move it if you think it's best suited elsewhere.

I just picked up a Tevion CD player from Aldi and am fitting it into my 01 Punto - everything seems to be fine except the antenna, which is different to the one already in the car.

It didn't come with any kind of adaptor so I figure I'll have to pick one up myself - anyone know what exactly I'm looking for and where I might get it in Dublin?

Thanks,

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Maplins should have what your looking for. This was posted ~2 days ago from someone else too. I'll try search in moment for ya.
    Not too familiar with the punto layout but iirc its a long cable that kinda slots in separate from the iso cable?
    *edit*
    post #8
    here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have 3 of them here on the fridge :D

These adaptors are only a few €. there may even be one fitted to the Blaupunkt stereo that came with the Punto.

Also, does your radio now turn off when you take the key out of the ignition of does it just stay on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for that - didn't even think of searching as I didn't expect it to be a common problem!

Yeah, the cable is long and separate from the ISO - the actual connection is quite stubby and at an angle while the new radio seems to need something straight and long... I think the actual connection type in the car is fine, it's just the way it sits won't allow me to hook it up to the new radio.

Will try Halfords tomorrow if I get a chance - thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VW%20AUDI%20BMW%20CAR%20RADIO%20ANTENNA%20ADAPTER%20ADAPTOR%20ISO%20DIN%20.jpg

~You need one of these. are you certain there wasn't one included in the box? Also, there definitely isn't one stuck in the old radio?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I have 3 of them here on the fridge :D

These adaptors are only a few €. there may even be one fitted to the Blaupunkt stereo that came with the Punto.

Also, does your radio now turn off when you take the key out of the ignition of does it just stay on?

Thanks - the radio in the car when I got it was a Philips, I guess it was a replacement made by a previous owner. No cables etc. with it that I can use.

The radio stays on when I take the key out just like it did with the old radio - don't mind too much, am used to manually turning it off by now!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    VW%20AUDI%20BMW%20CAR%20RADIO%20ANTENNA%20ADAPTER%20ADAPTOR%20ISO%20DIN%20.jpg

~You need one of these. are you certain there wasn't one included in the box? Also, there definitely isn't one stuck in the old radio?

Can't see that image - doesn't seem to be loading from the site.

Doesn't seem to be one in the box or in the old radio - not that I can see anyway.

Advertisement