Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes and reptiles

Options
  • 29-12-2009 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Anyone here who owns a snake know of a corn snake breeder around galway ? i heard of http://www.reptilehavenireland.com/default.html but they are all the way in Dublin (I'm in galway) and they don't ship Livestock anymore so i was just wondering if any of you guys know anybody nearer to galway..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Thought I could find a link to a rescue group but there seems to be only tortoise/turtle rescues listed at the moment, although sometimes people take in a rehome snakes etc. Would avoid anywhere that ships them to you anyway sometimes they don't travel well depending how they are brought from a to b.

Bound to be someone looking to rehome their snake though lots of people take them on without doing the research first perhaps check out the free ads etc. and see if there are any people looking to rehome their pet for genuine reasons (eg not because the animal is sick and they don't want to pay vet bill etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

try reptilecommunity, normally a few floating around on there.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ruanej90

Thanks guys i tried Gumtree.ie and DoneDeal.ie and there are a few there but no corn snakes :( I'll keep trying though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

You are looking for a snake a little off season,most are born spring/early summer.
    @ Guineapigrescue,I don't know who told you reptiles don't ship well,I have had snakes shipped thousands of miles and never lost one and seen thousands shipped in my previous job. If they are shipped buy an respected and established breeder you shouldn't have a problem.

@ Ruanej90 If you are still looking for a cornsnake come spring I can ship no problem,they would be packed to the highest standard as I'm Iata trained in animal packing and checking. ;)

Advertisement