Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official policy on 2 people, 2 accounts, same home(ip)?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

I know this has been touched on in the past and I was unable to find the posts/threads, so I don’t know what the story is with the following issue and was hoping for someone to clarify.

My family have taken an interest in this website and Im guessing its only a matter of time before they setup their own accounts and start posting. I know that boards have strict policies on dual accounts for good reason, but obviously it would be unfair to get banned if nothing malicious was done.

So, do I allow them to set up accounts if they so wish, or tell them to feck off for fear of getting my account banned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not at all, it's fine.

The problem is when people start to cause problems, we will look at many things, IP included, so you could be. But we have ways of checking these things. Providing your parents won't be malicious or cause trouble there's no problem. If they will cause problems, at least you've warned us and we can take that on board when we investigate the errors of their ways.

Best thing is to just make them aware of the rules and to check the signup emails and T&Cs that they agree to when they register and they should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ah brilliant!
    Thx for the reply :)

Advertisement