Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good place for New Year's Eve . . ?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Personally, I'm looking for a venue with music, but not disco or dance music. Also, the girlfriend wants to maybe dance a bit, if she feels like it.

Are most ordinary bars open on New Year's Eve at midnight ?

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Most ordinary bars are open anyway for new years.

If its bands you are looking for, then the best bet would maybe be the Garavogue, they are having a masquerade ball instead. Looks good.

If you're looking to travel, then it would be the Astoria Wharf in Bundoran. Box-T are playing there, and they are only the best band EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Red Green

Thanks Fingers,

Don't think a masquerade ball is my type of thingthough. And travelling to Bundoran would be expensive.

I'd consider any 'traditional music' or 'world music' or maybe some jazz or reggae.

I've really left this all a bit too late now. Will probably wander around the town today and look for posters, it might be the best bet.

But any further suggestions would be most welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I'd reccomend the garavogue or shenanagins if you want some music and somewhere for the mrs to dance.
    bit of advice, book a taxi in advance for a time you think you'll be leaving town, stephens night was crazy and i'd imagine new years will be the same so would be worth making a phonecall to try and book a taxi instead of waiting around in the cold for over and hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

The Clarence have a load of bands playing in the main night club bit with Djs in the front.

Main Room
    Tucan
    The Oddsocks Revival
    This Side Up

Front Room
    Johnny Holmes
    Tommy Finan
    Ben Carvosso
    Darren D
    Fiontann G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Red Green

Thanks, folks, for all the suggestions and tips. Still haven't made up our minds. Maybe the Garavogue (if they let me in). If so, you might see me there; I'll be the guy wearing the mask.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

The choice for things to do in this town on New Year's is actually appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

The choice for things to do in this town on New Year's is actually appalling.

you can even say that choice in any thing is appaling in this town:(:(

Advertisement