Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laboratory jobs

Options
  • 29-12-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,
    Im in my 3rd year of biomedical science and looking for a summer laboratory job. Im told they are hard to come by. Am looking for lab aid type stuff as havnt got my degree yet. Does anyone have any advice for where best to apply or know anything?
    Am even thinking scotland,wouldnt mind moving there for the summer. Has anyone worked in a lab there or know someone who has? Would appreciate any advice at all. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Have you looked into the eureka programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 biomedgirl

Im not sure its quite what im looking for. Was on their website. I hear its quite competitive. Can you tell me what you know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

biomedgirl wrote: »
    Can you tell me what you know about it?

I dont know all that much about it but had some eureka students pass through the lab I did my PhD in. It seems an ideal way to gain experience and learn new techniques while earning some money. I would imagine it would be difficult to get a lab aid position in this economic climate.....especially for only a few months of summer. By the time you would be experienced enough to be of help to lab occupants you would be starting back in college......though I guess you might be able to get something on a voluntary basis.

Advertisement