Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After effects users !

Options
  • 29-12-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I am looking for any after effects CS3 or CS4 users as I wish to pick their brains to get me started with the program !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

have a look at http://www.videocopilot.net/ . You'll learn alot here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Delminuso007

reece wrote: »
    have a look at http://www.videocopilot.net/ . You'll learn alot here

That website got me my degree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

imagine what it would get you if you had kramers skills :D

the dude is an AE god, he makes it look so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I just got After Effects CS4 a few days ago. Didn't really get time yet to get stuck into it but looking forward to it.
    I've seen a few vids on youtube and it looks pretty good. Is it hard to get to get used to? I've used photoshop before.

• Advertisement

i found it fairly difficult, you need a whole new way of thinkin about your compositions! It is fantastic though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

i found it fairly difficult, you need a whole new way of thinkin about your compositions! It is fantastic though

I would love to get ono to one training on it. What do you use it for? I got mine to make a few fun vids to stick up on youtube!!

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I would love to get ono to one training on it. What do you use it for? I got mine to make a few fun vids to stick up on youtube!!

I had to use it for a Post-Production module in University! It is a fantastic piece of software and as someone said above, videocopilot.com is a great place to learn some tricks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Just went through his basic training, its amazing what you can do with this software but damn he really does make it look simple !! I'm trying to do up an intro for my videos and its driving me nuts !!

its his soothing american accent that does it for me! (I'm not gay, i swear)

but stick at it, and there is some of his more advanced tutorials where he does some mind blowing things.....simple really :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement