Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to access restricted threads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Access to Help Desk threads is restricted to the OP, Admins and the mods of the forum which gave rise to the thread. They are not public threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1459591&postcount=1
    HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!! (read me)
    This is the forum where all users are equal except for the 5 admins:
    Vexorg, DeVore, Regi, Ecksor and Cloud .... All suggestions and feedback are discussable by all users... some will give their views forcibly. Like all forums this one is built on civility to one another and staying on topic. Please respect that.

It also says...
    Please note one thing There is no mod of this forum. All moderators here have no power to alter, delete or decide anything, thats the premise of the administrators.

So is it true or not?

Thanks for highlighting that, it needs to be changed in light of the newer procedure that I've outlined above.

I looked up "Forum" online... "a public meeting or assembly for open discussion"

If part of boards, supposedly a "help" desk, is being closed off to open discussion then is ceases to be part of a "forum", and becomes an exclusive club.

Where then are people to go when they have issues with Moderators or even Administrators? To a thread where they are on their own against ALL Mods and Admin who would care to comment, but closed off to anyone else who may care enough to make a reply?

That change sounds very unfair, I urge you to reopen the Helpdesk to public discussion.

If you re-read my earlier post you will see that not ALL mods have access to a particular thread
    Access to Help Desk threads is restricted to the OP, Admins and the mods of the forum which gave rise to the thread

Help Desk used to be a "Free for all" where all admins and mod could have a say, but it was decided that this was unfair to the OP. Each thread now is restricted to the OP, generally no more than two admins and only those mods directly involved. This provides a less intimidatory place for the OP to air their grievance without having to endure a huge signal to noise ratio.

As regards your question about having issues with certain individuals, the proper grievance procedure is as follows:
    • PM the mod in question
    • Should you be unhappy with the response, PM the appropriate CMod
    • In the event that you're still not satisfied, open a Help Desk thread and an admin will review the issue

Should you have a problem with an administrator's actions a thread in Help Desk will suffice. There are approximately 20 admins, so there are enough others around to review an issue without the admin in question becoming directly involved in any such review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

podman

You have quoted a post from the feedback forum. That post is in relation to the feedback forum

This is the Helpdesk, a forum for users and mods to highlight issues, or ask queries without the world and its mother replying to a thread, creating alot of noise.

You should have a read here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055627224

By the way, is there a reason why you have created this new account (podman) rather than using your other boards.ie account???

Thank you Zaph, that answered my question :)
    Sparky wrote: »
    podman

You have quoted a post from the feedback forum. That post is in relation to the feedback forum

This is the Helpdesk, a forum for users and mods to highlight issues, or ask queries without the world and its mother replying to a thread, creating alot of noise.

You should have a read here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055627224
    Yes, my apologies. The quote should have been this..
    What is the helpdesk?
    The helpdesk is a direct line to site admins. Somewhere where you can pitch a problem or query and only site admins can respond.
    Sparky wrote: »
    By the way, is there a reason why you have created this new account (podman) rather than using your other boards.ie account???
    No reason.

Advertisement