Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change house alarm exit time

Options
  • 29-12-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I have a house alarm, which gives us about 30 seconds to leave the house once the exit sound starts.

At the time of fitting the alarm, the installer said this could be set to a longer period. Does anyone know how? We would like to change this to say 1 or 2 minutes.

The alarm has a "SecureWatch- HKC Ltd" logo on it. To set the full alarm we press [zero] [hash] [4].

Thanks,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

macuser56 wrote: »
    I have a house alarm, which gives us about 30 seconds to leave the house once the exit sound starts.

At the time of fitting the alarm, the installer said this could be set to a longer period. Does anyone know how? We would like to change this to say 1 or 2 minutes.

The alarm has a "SecureWatch- HKC Ltd" logo on it. To set the full alarm we press [zero] [hash] [4].

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

You will need the eng code to make the changes you require. Do you have this code, very easy to do if you have it..

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭macuser56

I have my code for turning the alarm off and this may be it?

I have my code for turning the alarm off and this may be it?

No, this is your user code that you use to turn the alarm on and off. What you need is the eng code to change the settings in the timers menu from 30 seconds to what every you want it to be..

do you know how i can try the eng code? I have another code here in the service manual, so i could try this if you don't mind telling me the steps?

Thanks for your help.

do you know how i can try the eng code? I have another code here in the service manual, so i could try this if you don't mind telling me the steps?

Thanks for your help.

Try the other code in the alarm and if service menu comes up you have the eng code. If this works i will pm you my number and talk you through changing the setting on the panel..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hey_hey

The engineering code for your alarm is "4567" UNLESS the installer has changed it. Just type in the code while alarm is disarmed. You should now be in the service menu where you can find the exit time setting

hey_hey wrote: »
    The engineering code for your alarm is "4567" UNLESS the installer has changed it. Just type in the code while alarm is disarmed. You should now be in the service menu where you can find the exit time setting

This is the default code for the HKC, this would of being changed when the installer installed the alarm. The entry and exit time is in the timers menu under system timers. The service menu is the first menu to come up when you enter the system engineer code.

you have to enter the service menu before you go to the timer section. I have been to a couple of premises where the installer didnt bother to change the eng code, although most of them do because it rules out any diy jobs that would lose them money :rolleyes: trades!!! :D

you have to enter the service menu before you go to the timer section.

The service menu is the first menu that comes up when you enter the engineer code, you dont go into it. You have to scroll to the timers menu and that is where you can change the entry/exit time.
    I have been to a couple of premises where the installer didnt bother to change the eng code, although most of them do because it rules out any diy jobs that would lose them money :rolleyes: trades!!! :D

The reason it is changed is because it is a factory set code and to protect peoples security. If the code was left at the default anyone could make changes to the panel setting and every ones code would be the same. Dont think it would be worth your while having the alarm to protect your home if everyone can use your alarm. The same reason people change there user code so that no one else can turn on or off there alarm.

ok if a robber breaks in to your house and the alarm goes off..... 4567 wont disarm it...so the robber has to break in while your there with the alarm disarmed and enter the service menu and add a new user code and come back when nobody is there and rob all your jewellery and chocolate using the new code he added earlier....if that happens...you should be privileged because tom cruise picked your house ;)

• Advertisement

ok if a robber breaks in to your house and the alarm goes off..... 4567 wont disarm it...so the robber has to break in while your there with the alarm disarmed and enter the service menu and add a new user code and come back when nobody is there and rob all your jewellery and chocolate using the new code he added earlier....if that happens...you should be privileged because tom cruise picked your house ;)

Yes it can be done as you explained above but i dont think anyone would feel privileged if there house was broken into this way. Thats why the engineer code should be changed plus different settings, zones could be turned off making the alarm pointless in having to protect your premises..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

some people have had their alarms disabled in many ways while being set up for a break in.

To be safe and to take care of your future best value alarm maintenance it is best to change the eng code, but have the installer use one that suits you.

This will allow you to get another intruder alarm installer to work on you panel and not have to worry about an engineering code and protect against default code burglars

I tried the "4567" and the code which I thought was the eng code, but no luck.

Is there any way to get at this menu without this code. The guy who installed the alarm isn't in the business any more, so I can't even ask him what he used.

Thanks

I tried the "4567" and the code which I thought was the eng code, but no luck.

Is there any way to get at this menu without this code. The guy who installed the alarm isn't in the business any more, so I can't even ask him what he used.

Thanks

You could default the panel to factory settings and reprogram the alarm. I will send you a pm of my number if you want me to talk you through this..

Thanks to Altor's brilliant help, we got the alarm time sorted. A real expert on alarms and would recommend him to anyone.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks to Altor's brilliant help, we got the alarm time sorted. A real expert on alarms and would recommend him to anyone.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks macuser56,

Always here to help if i can :D

Advertisement