Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Seating Plan

• 29-12-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Exam seating plan is available now on the college website. I cant find my number at all. Anybody else having a problem with this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

I have a feeling that these are last semesters seating plans. My number is not on the list either.

As far as i can remember, an email regarding the seating plan was sent out the week before xmas stating that this semesters seating plan would be availale online around the 3rd of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thanks for that both of ye.

seems like its last year's list that they havn't edited yet.

Here you go -

Seating Plan: The seating plan will be available on the WEB on 6th January. In some cases you will not be in the exam hall for all of your examinations, it will state this on your timetable and seating plan. Seat plans vary for day-to-day and you should check the seat plan in advance of your examination.

Bags or personal belongings are not allowed in the exam room/centre and should be carefully stored away prior to exam commencement.

-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

looking forward to these exams , must start studing at some stage haha. only physics im worried about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

theboss80 wrote: »
    looking forward to these exams , must start studing at some stage haha. only physics im worried about

study you say? :p

are you a first year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I've got the exact same seat for the last two years of exams. I wonder if it'll be the same again.

I havent studied since two weeks before the leaving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

study you say? :p

are you a first year?

yep but im a 29yr old first year haha

Im one of those "i want to do well types" as some eejit once told me id never go wrong wit having an apprentiship, same guy never mentioned thered be a recession and it would be totally fookin useless in ten years time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I am stressed out about the exams. I have never done great in exams but my continous assessment have been above 70 so far but im afraid my mind will go blank in exam situation.I must be the only one doing out sample answers of what I think will come up maybe I need a chill pill. Because I really am getting nowhere even with these answers to questions.

Good Luck everyone next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I've got the exact same seat for the last two years of exams. I wonder if it'll be the same again.

I havent studied since two weeks before the leaving :D

Yeah but you are a smarty pants :p

I've stupidly been avoiding study at all costs.
    Complete denial! :eek: Really should not have done that.

I'm turning over a new leaf now and tomorrow morning I'll try out those past year exam papers!!
    I will only allow myself 1 hour of boards a day! :eek:

loca1 wrote: »
    I am stressed out about the exams. I have never done great in exams but my continous assessment have been above 70 so far but im afraid my mind will go blank in exam situation.I must be the only one doing out sample answers of what I think will come up maybe I need a chill pill. Because I really am getting nowhere even with these answers to questions.

Good Luck everyone next week.

If you've got 70% in the CA, and the CA to test ratio is 60/40, you've already got 42% and passed! I'd be opening another beer :D

• Advertisement

I got 80% in one subject CA but its divided 50% for the assignment and 50% for the exam so I have 40% so far but she will not be pleased if I dont make an effort. She has been great to me when I was about to leave after 2 weeks into the course lol so I had better try my best. Im studying new years eve how bad is that.

Ah right, fair enough. I wouldn't stress too much about it if you've already passed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Exams are overrated..Ive never put myself under pressure and only ever start studing a few days before each exam and Ive always done well. Never seen why people get so worked up about it all

Because some people don't want to have to fly back from America in the summer to repeat an exam >.<

Are exams marked easy in third level? I did not do well in my leaving admit didnt study much its a long time ago now and I'm afraid I will go blank in the exam ours are essay type questions I'd prefer to do more short answer questions as it takes me longer to think how to structure an essay. Just cant wait to get them over and done with now. I think its great how some of ye dont stress over exams though maybe if I get these ones over me I won't stress as much next time.

Are exams marked easy in third level? I did not do well in my leaving admit didnt study much its a long time ago now and I'm afraid I will go blank in the exam ours are essay type questions I'd prefer to do more short answer questions as it takes me longer to think how to structure an essay. Just cant wait to get them over and done with now. I think its great how some of ye dont stress over exams though maybe if I get these ones over me I won't stress as much next time.

Don't know if they are marked easy but they do take things into consideration.
    One of our lecturers said that if he got a student who was only at 39% and going to fail the semester...he would look at their attendance and general involvement in the class. If that was good he would bump them up to a pass.

Which is pretty good I have to say!! One lecturer...actually I think two lecturers have done that for me.
    I make damn sure I'm in everyday and for every class as a result of this!

Don't think any of ours will be essay format thank god as I go blank...in fairness I go blank in exams a good bit. But the way I see it now is there is no reason to stress. Nothing terrible is going to happen. :)

It would be annoying to fail a subject but at least they let you repeat it in the summer.
    But I know for next semester I am going to get all work/assignments/study done then and there and get them out of the way!! :D

Hmmm I get the feeling I've already said this...I could be repeating myself over and over in the hopes that this comes true :D:D

Are you going into the library tomorrow/Wednesday to study?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

They're easier than the leaving cert, thats for sure. For my course at least, you dont need to write as much and because theyre only based on a few months of work its easier.

As I said on the previous page I hadrdly studied at all last year but my average was close to 70% for the year which I was quite happy with.

Continuous assessment is extremely important as well obviously, if you've done a good job with it then it makes thinks a lot easier. Some of my exams I only need to get one question right for a pass which takes a lot of pressure off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 saldainis25

emm guys anybody know where to get the answers for the past exam papers :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going into the Library to study tomorrow we have to put references in our exam questions and I have few books to take references from so better get my arse in gear. Its going to be mad busy in there tomorrow. Hope they sort that ice in carpark and that it doesnt snow too much tonight. Have a fair idea what the questions will be based on its not like the leaving in that respect. I have not missed any classes and I noticed my assignment grades were fairly good compared with ones who skip classes. Studying now I'm too easily distracted between this and facebook :D

Harps wrote: »

Continuous assessment is extremely important as well obviously, if you've done a good job with it then it makes thinks a lot easier. Some of my exams I only need to get one question right for a pass which takes a lot of pressure off

It really is all about the continuous assessment.
    I've already passed one subject thanks to it...so by god this coming semester I'm going to make damn sure I get mighty scores in the tests/assignments. So I can relax then come exam time! :D
    Its going to be mad busy in there tomorrow. Hope they sort that ice in carpark and that it doesnt snow too much tonight. I have not missed any classes and I noticed my assignment grades were fairly good compared with ones who skip classes. Studying now I'm too easily distracted between this and facebook :D

Yeah the car park is a bit on the brutal side.
    I sure as hell will be walking VERY slowly into college :D

Well that's good, all those factors will help you in the end.
    Yeah my post count on boards has gone through the roof over the hoidays!! :D
    Think I might chance going out tomorrow myself. Just can't study here.

• Advertisement

Yiz are making me nervous now. I was grand till i started reading these threads :-)

irlpic wrote: »
    Yiz are making me nervous now. I was grand till i started reading these threads :-)

Ahh you will be grand! You are a smarty pants :p

REALLY hope they won't have us moving all over the place with the seating plan each day.

Oh and remember...the guidelines to the whole exam.
    Be on time!
    And for the love of GOD people...go to the toilet a few times before your exam starts!

The seating plan for January 2009 exam is now online.

Check that your student number is on this list.

J02, different this time!

J02, different this time!

Now I can find you....

*cue evil laugh*

:D

One of my mates is going to be on some side of me.
    Not so bad. I'll be able to see him or hear him flat out writing while I sit there freaking out ha:D

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Now I can find you....

*cue evil laugh*

:D

Not so bad. I'll be able to see him or hear him flat out writing while I sit there freaking out ha:D

There are about 5 other people on J02 as well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

i was having that problem with the seating plan too! couldnt find my number on it.... till i cleared the cache and reloaded page and checked again...:) wish this snow would bugger off im so sick of it:(

hes behind you so he'll be looking over yer shoulder copying yer answers!! hehe!!

GismoBaby wrote: »
    hes behind you so he'll be looking over yer shoulder copying yer answers!! hehe!!

Well I'm wondering...like will we all be lined up row by row way and seated that way...
    Or all our numbers going down the column way....

Either way he's gonna be there!

*Pm you*

• Advertisement

Well I'm wondering...like will we all be lined up row by row way and seated that way...
    Or all our numbers going down the column way....

Either way he's gonna be there!

*Pm you*

yup! thats the way row by row! i dont know anyone behind or in front of me! so ur lucky!

Advertisement