Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suffolk Police are Uselesssss

• 29-12-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,863 ✭✭✭✭

Get this. This lad broke out of a Suffolk Prison back in September, and he is Still on the run. But here's the kicker: He's been using Facebook to taunt the Cops the entire time.

http://gizmodo.com/5435993/facebook-fugitive-taunts-cops-with-pictures-and-status-updates (With Images)
    Gawker.com wrote:
    Remember how, in Catch Me If You Can, fugitive Leonardo DiCaprio kept calling Detective Tom Hanks to taunt him? Here is a convicted burglar doing the same thing, in real time on Facebook. Should we celebrate or fear him? Craig 'Lazie' Lynch has been rising to folk hero status after absconding, in early September, from a prison in Suffolk Bay. (England! Which frees us up to celebrate him, because NIMBY.) He's been daring the cops to come find him with defiant photographs, and detailing the corporeal pleasures associated with freedom, ever since:
    mmm i just had a 12lb venison steak. Roasted veg and chips, bangin meal.
    I feel stuffed but still got room for the j.d's . Hope you enjoyed the meal babe's. We'll have to eat here again. Now to drive home in this **** weather. Hope we make it cos i'm ready to get in bed and un wrap somethin for afters x x.
    Craig 'Lazie' Lynch Is thinkin, which lucky girl will be my first of 2010!!
    custom_1262067373528_lazie1.jpgHere's how he celebrated Christmas. The middle finger is blurred because I was forced to rely photographic middlemen, since Lazie hasn't accepted my friend request. (If my friendship is rejected by an escaped convict so indiscriminate as to send Facebook messages to the police, it will truly be a low point in my social networking career.)
    YES YES i ****in made it to Xmas i beat their ****n system and i love it. I love you all my family my friends my lovers and all my supporters and fans i love the whole lot of you x x your the best merry xmas merry xmas merry xmas ho ho ho.
    If any of you was doubtin my freedom. Here's proof. How the **** could i get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha.
    But will Lazie last until 2010? His yuletide updates invited press coverage and a ramped up manhunt, with Facebook disabling various accounts and delivering data to law enforcement. To get around this—and to avoid the "haters and racists" populating his comment sections—Lazie has constructed a Byzantine web of personal profiles and fan pages, each with varying degrees of privacy.* At last count, he had 7300 fans and 1300 friends. He's skittish, too. A recent update read, "Oh No sirens!! Its happening," only to turn into a sigh of relief when the sirens weren't for him. A recent, baleful update reads:
    well what can i say fellow friends. The run is nearly over. Sorry some of you had to find out like this. I know some of you might take offence that i never told you personally. But you know me. I Trust No One. Its the only way to be.
    If we have learned anything from Hollywood fugitives, it's that the desire for human connection is always what does the lone wolf in—and Facebook udpates count. Lazie, woefully aware of this premise, announces in his bittersweet About Me: "You'll have a laugh with me but it will end in tears. It always does." Just don't pull a gun or anything when they come to get you, because then we'll feel like total jerks for cheering you on.
    Click below for screengrabs. URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238920/Escaped-criminal-taunts-police-Facebook-enjoys-Christmas-run.html"]DailyMail[/URL URL="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6965425.ece"]LondonTimes[/URL URL="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000329093802#/profile.php?v=info&id=100000329093802"]Facebook[/URL URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Craig-Lazie-Lynch/243291243273?v=wall&ref=search"]Facebook[/URL
    * Hiding from law enforcement with privacy settings is theoretically pointless, but the fact that this strategy has worked for three months suggests Suffolk cops are actually that out of touch. Also, after successfully evading the authorities for this long, if he is thinking anything at all, it is probably, "Gawd, am I so baller, I think I'll take another topless picture and brag about my sex life some more." Successfully evading The Man is a known ego boost and aphrodisiac.

Send an email to Azaria Jagger, the author of this post, at azaria@gawker.com< moc.rekwag@airaza > moc.rekwag@airaza.
    inside;ptile=5;sz=728x90;ord=94695732?

post?i=5435993&s=82076f10

Jack Bauer had lead me to believe this guy could have been tracked from his dental records when he walked through the X-Ray at an airport or some other such bull****. But the Cops cant finger an Escaped Convict who's been bragging on these interwebs? the hell, man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

They don't appear to be trying very hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Useless or not arsed?

I'd say the lad is hardly public enemy number one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Maybe they have a life .ie. not on Facebook......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Did anyone else quit reading the post after the first line? That has to be the worst laid out post in history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Im surprised they haven't tracked his IP to the area where he is posting his updates.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Im surprised they haven't tracked his IP to the area where he is posting his updates.

Give them time.
    I'm sure they are watching his facebook site and possibly noting any of the number of locations he's operating from.
    Then its just a case of watching those places all together or randomly.

I've no doubts, they will get him. Even if he is posting by phone (which they can triangulate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

And they got him again...

Source
    BBC News wrote:
    Facebook fugitive back in custody

Craig Lynch had updated his friends about his life since fleeing prison

A prisoner who updated his Facebook profile while on the run from an open prison in Suffolk has been captured.

Suffolk Police said burglar Craig Lynch, 28, who absconded from Hollesley Bay Prison on 23 September, was arrested in Kent on Tuesday night.

He has been charged with escaping from lawful custody and will appear at Bexleyheath magistrates in London later.

He had a Facebook following of more than 3,400 people across the world.

Advertisement