Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

backlinks

• 29-12-2009 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

can anybody be so kind to tell me how i can do backlinks for my new site are they good for a site and also how do i create anchor links.i have googled everything and cant get a simple step by step guide on hoe to do them.
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

castles wrote: »
    can anybody be so kind to tell me how i can do backlinks for my new site are they good for a site and also how do i create anchor links.i have googled everything and cant get a simple step by step guide on hoe to do them.
    thanks in advance.

I'd be interested in this as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 krmwebdesigner

castles wrote: »
    thanks in advance.

One way of doing it is known as 'link bating' which means putting very interesting content on your website, content that your visitors like so much that they link to it from their website. This leads to a one-way link (backlink) to your site which is very valuable. For this it is use your imagination time. What do people like?

Another way is link exchange but it isn't as effective. Some people also pay for backlinks. You might pay a very big website to link to yours. This also works. It could work in your favour in the long run.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Some people also pay for backlinks. You might pay a very big website to link to yours. This also works. It could work in your favour in the long run.

Paying for links is a bad idea, anything that is designed to trick google into increase your rankings is called black hat seo and if Google decides that they don't like what your doing they will punish your site or drop you from the Index (like when BMW got temporarily dropped from the google index). The only exception is directories which google allows you to buy links on, but because google knows your paying for them their value is questionable / less than a clean link.

Advertisement