Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Event on 5th of January 2010. Most likely the Google Phone / Nexus 1

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

nmesisca wrote: »
    got my nexus last night.
    amazing phone. feels very solid, but at the same time is not heavy in your hands.
    the whole experience is very smooth, eye candy is there at last ;)
    i think i kind of need to get used to the few significant changes in the UI. I m not mad on the scrolling of the launcher to be honest. it doest feel as responsive as in the rest of the OS. this is, imho, a minor software glitch as the screen is very (even too much) responsive everywhere else.
    no issues with bluetooth headset, sound is crispy.
    still obviously testing the battery, but have fiddled with it way too much :) and i have to say i am quite impressed with it.
    most of the apps i have tried work perfect.
    i found wifi to be much more responsive than before. a second after i click to install an app from the market it has already downloaded it! big improvement.

if you have questions please ask :) i will test for you if you like..
    and i will add some more impressions in a couple of days..

How much did you pay in total, and which way did you go about ordering it?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

kierank01 wrote: »

How much did you pay in total, and which way did you go about ordering it?

a friend in the UK ordered it for me using my google checkout account. the shipped it here to me.
    578$ was the bill from Google. to this you need to add VAT,which will arrive in a separate invoice soon (im afraid). another 15£ for shipping from UK to Ireland.
    When I will have the VAT figures I will post them here. Im expecting around 60£.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Ive had mine a few days now and finding it good so far. There are a few faults im noticing. Getting the odd glitch when opening an app. The batt drains pretty quick if you have sync on all the time. Like you would barely get a day out of it. One thing il really miss from the iphone is the music player. On the nexus i find it terrible. The earphones are terrible. For me sometimes they wont even change the song thats playing you have to take out the phone to change it. There is also no wayof doing it from the lock screen you have to unlock go to musicplayer then change song. Also I dont like the unlock pattern i would prefer a number based unlock method. The screen get smudged easy and on my screen you can see the unlock pattern smudged on the screen :) so not very secure and you have to wipe all the time.

A lot of this will be sorted by future updates so not too bothered. I still find the 3g internet ten times faster than it was on my iphone. Sites never fail to load. Also flash will be availble on this phone this year. It is also great being able to use multiple apps at once. Once google role out voice and navigation here it will push this phone ahead of the iphone. It will also be great when developers start selling more apps in the android market. All in all im happy with my purchase. Ive read the google forums and there seem to be lots of problems but i have not experienced any of them. It would be nice to see some accesories though!

Advertisement