Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

creative zen x-fi2 :confused:

• 29-12-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

i recieved a creative zen x-fi2 & im having a lil problem with it , everytime i drag & drop an album from my computer to the album folder on the device the album never appears there & instead i have to access it through artits & genre's & sometimes it never even shows in any of these folders .. any one with any experience in dealing with these & can offer any help ??

happy new year :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sounds like a tagging issue to me, not sure if the zen xfi2 has folder browsing. If your tags are out of order or simply none existant you'll probably have to fix them. There's lots of software out there that'll help you sort that out...mp3tag, godfather, mediamonkey, foobar, itunes (unless your music is in the wma format) and many others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

thank you for replying .. i have installed mp3tag but dont have a clue as how to use it .. i should be able to just drag an album from my computer to the album folder on the device , all the albums have been ripped onto computer or downloaded from isohunt myself so imknow they ok ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

ahhhh this is crap !!!! thought these things supposed to be easier to use than ipods , had a en years ago & drag & drop was fine !!!!!!!!!!!!! any 1 wanna buy a wk old zen for f**ks sake !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

arggggg :P

yeah, creative caused a bit of a minefield for themselves by not adding folder support...I'm afraid I'm of no help because I can't see your files/folder/tags, fairly sure it's a tag issue all the same, but I do admit I am not up to date with creative's recent players as they've been mostly shiiiiite for the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 linster

Hope you haven't given up yet!
    I think this is the same really frustrating problem as I had when I got my player...
    Updating the software by clicking on the orange arrow thing in the top right hand corner of Creative Centrale should do the trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Caprica

Hi Gerry,

I have the same problem. I emailed the creative customer support and they gave me the following response:

With regards to your inquiry, you need to edit the ID3 Tags for his
    music files so that they will appear in the proper album. Kindly refer
    to the Knowledge Base article below for further assistance.

Creative MediaSource: ID3 tags, music file names, playlist, and playback
    order
    http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=6213

It's still not working properly for me. Some albums initially appeared under the albums section but have disappeared since nad I now have to search through track listing or artist. It's frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mog12

Hi,

In a panic trying to decide if it's the right decision to purchase the creative Zen FXi2 Touchscreen (through the CZ own UK website at €109 ( Ipod is €209 to €249 ...way too exspensive!!! for my 10 year old for Xmas now after reading the reviews ...I am not at all 'tekkie' so it scares me with all this negative stuff.....help

Advertisement