Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid for item with One4all gift card but want to return item?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I paid for an item in Halfords with a One4all gift card I got. But I want to return the item. I'm assuming they wouldn't give me cash back, but can they top up the card again or would I get store credit? Any ideas? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm assuming they wouldn't give me cash back, but can they top up the card again or would I get store credit? Any ideas? Cheers!

Usually what happens is that they give you store vouchers.My old place does this,pisses some people off but it's the only way of doing it at the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Problem is vouchers don't count as legal tender, so they're a bit weird for returns.

Most places, as mentioned by Lolliers, give store gift vouchers (as most places count them as stock as opposed to cash) or may give a credit note. They may simply tell you to keep a hold of the item til you find what you want to exchange it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, maybe vouchers for Halfords. Was well annoying. It was a tyre inflator I thought was 12 euro and when I got home realised it was 36 euro! Then my brother drops over and has a brand new one in his boot he gives to me!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If they offer a refund, One4All gift cards can just have a refund put onto them as they're treated like credit cards by the machine. It'll probably just take 2-3 days for the amount to reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If they offer a refund, One4All gift cards can just have a refund put onto them as they're treated like credit cards by the machine. It'll probably just take 2-3 days for the amount to reappear.

Really? It says on the T&C for them that they can not be topped up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ush1 wrote: »
    Really? It says on the T&C for them that they can not be topped up.

Sorry, I'm thinking of the 3v cards you top up.

One4All is usually store credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

hi, bought a pair of jeans in A-Wear on a one4all card. Brought them back and the girl said they are treated as credit cards and refunded the money back to my gift card. It came back on about 24 hours later. You can check your gift card balance on line at the one4all website:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Evil-p wrote: »
    hi, bought a pair of jeans in A-Wear on a one4all card. Brought them back and the girl said they are treated as credit cards and refunded the money back to my gift card. It came back on about 24 hours later. You can check your gift card balance on line at the one4all website:)

That's very handy, I always thought it was store vouchers only!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Evil-p

razorblunt wrote: »
    That's very handy, I always thought it was store vouchers only!

Yeah the girl in Awear mentioned it had been changed recently as when i bought the jeans I asked about refunds using the card. Also on a slightly different note concerning the one4all vouchers, it appears that if you do not have sufficent credit on your card and and buy something, clearing the card completely, you cannot get a refund onto the card as the card is void once all credit has been removed. I have been asked, when using it, do i have sufficent credit for the purchase and I pressume thats why. I hope i explained that properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Evil-p wrote: »
    Yeah the girl in Awear mentioned it had been changed recently as when i bought the jeans I asked about refunds using the card. Also on a slightly different note concerning the one4all vouchers, it appears that if you do not have sufficent credit on your card and and buy something, clearing the card completely, you cannot get a refund onto the card as the card is void once all credit has been removed. I have been asked, when using it, do i have sufficent credit for the purchase and I pressume thats why. I hope i explained that properly!

Yeah I know what you're saying, the worst thing about the card is they never tell you what the balance left or even whats on there in the first place. When I was working retail some people wouldnt be sure and you had to keep trying the highest amount they said while working downwards until you hit the amount, this often left people with a few cent on the card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

OP let us know how you get on, I'm intrigued to hear.

Advertisement