Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Face Hiking boots

Options
  • 29-12-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello there.

I'm fairly new to hillwalking/hiking etc., and am looking for some decent all-purpose hiking boots. Not too familiar with the different brands, and was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on North Face boots? Specificially, I was looking at North Face "Jannu" boots.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Just make sure they fit really well.
    See thread from a few days ago on this...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055778047

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Just a word on North Face footwear; I have used North Face jackets and fleeces for years and found them 1st class, their footwear however leaves a lot to be desired. I bought 2 pairs of shoes and both ripped stitching within 2 months of buying. Now they got a lot of punishment but not enough to warrant a failure in both pairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I would also be wary of North face shoes. I have had two pairs one fell apart after 4 hours use the other after about 2 months.
    Their tents and clothes seem fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lukeod

Thanks for the replies. I ended up taking a pair of Salomon boots which seem to have done the trick - got some good advice in the Great Outdoors and the boots are a really good fit.

Thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

If i may jump into this thread.
    i got a pair of North Face boots a while ago.
    wore today in the snow for the forst time and even though they are a great fit...after a hour they started to hurt me just above my ankles (rubbing)

What should i do??
    will they break in???.......ever....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I had a pair of North Face boots and thought they were excellent. Had them for a year and in that time I trekked in Peru, Bolivia, New Zealand and a three week trek in the Himalayas without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭DR6.5

A friend of mine bought a pair of these North Face boots last year, they are used for hunting, the boots burst on him a couple of weeks ago and were letting in water previously he wasnt to impressed with them.

http://eu.thenorthface.com/tnf-eu-en/footwear/men/men-s-jannu-gtx.html?colour=803

I use Meindl makalu mfs and Glockner gtx & would highly recomend the Meindl range of boots.

dr6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

When i was looking into getting new boots some time last year i looked at some north face boots, but read lots of reviews online which made me have second thoughts, ended up going with Meindl Tampa GTX

Advertisement