Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble connecting wireless internet

Options
  • 29-12-2009 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hope someone can help me.
    I have a dell home pc.
    I have vodafone broadband, when I changed to vodafone they sent me a Huawei modem. It did connect to the internet but just not very well. I had an old netopia 3347wg modem and pluged it in, no problems much better speeds, finding links, not disconnecting at random times. All good so far
    Just bought an ACER 7736G laptop, tried to connect wirelessly to the internet with the netopia, but no connection.
    I pluged in the usb wireless card still no connection
    I did get connected with the cable running from modem to laptop.
    I then went back to the Huawei and it had no trouble talking to the laptop wirelessly apat from all the issues it had when connected by cable to the pc.

Can I connect wirelessly with the netopia modem or would I be better off buying a new modem, if so which one?

Thanks,

tap

Advertisement