Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs on fire?

Options
  • 29-12-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Just heard Supermacs is on fire, can anyone confirm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Yeah, tiz ablaze alright.

Fancied a snackbox later and all :(

p.s. Hopefully there are no injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just heard the same. Had been in there today and all, first time in yonks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Anyone got any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Supermacs on fire
    Wasn't that that name of a Kings of Leon track?

Roof on fire/gone I'm told....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Roof on fire
    That would be Rock Master Scott and The Dynamic Three, but good guess all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

mfitzy wrote: »
    Roof on fire/gone I'm told....

What about the buildings around it? Anyone know if it's spreading or contained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Was driving home and came across it. Smoke was very bad down around Friary St/Parnell St.

Heard High Street is closed off

ztoical wrote: »
    What about the buildings around it? Anyone know if it's spreading or contained?

My details are sketchy...brother down town texting me. High st. blocked off apparently. God, I was only talking about it the other day, remembering when it used be the Monster House and what a shame that shop went.

I hope not, it would be fairly old I would think :(

• Advertisement

Ambulances rushing to the scene :/

My details are sketchy...brother down town texting me. High st. blocked off apparently. God, I was only talking about it the other day, remembering when it used be the Monster House and what a shame that shop went.

I hope not, it would be fairly old I would think :(

Just wondering as friend owns a business on william street close enough to supermacs [Back of supermacs would be very close] Wondering if I should text her or not...not point worrying her if it's nothing major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mason Fairbanks

fabbydabby wrote: »
    That would be Rock Master Scott and The Dynamic Three, but good guess all the same.

Not funny.

Just wondering as friend owns a business on william street close enough to supermacs [Back of supermacs would be very close] Wondering if I should text her or not...not point worrying her if it's nothing major.

I think I would. If it were me I'd like to know. Some lovely little businesses up that way, I'm sure she'll be grand :)

Definetily text, sounds very serious

High St is blocked at Parade and at James St junction. I saw one ambulance parked at the Town Hall. Lots of cops/fire appliances.

Healium wrote: »
    Definetily text, sounds very serious

Do, always the risk of smoke damage to their stock even if no fire. Hopefully it will be alright for all concerned.

Any pictures, Nightwish?

Do, always the risk of smoke damage to their stock even if no fire. Hopefully it will be alright for all concerned.

Have sent her text just to be safe.

Just had a look outside [up @ Lintown] and can see a alot of smoke down towards town.

• Advertisement

Just had a look outside [up @ Lintown] and can see a alot of smoke down towards town.

Jay, must be big, that is a good bit away...

Healium wrote: »
    Any pictures, Nightwish?

I was driving, so I couldnt take photos.

Jay, must be big, that is a good bit away...

Prob wouldn't have noticed if hadn't been looking as it's very dark outside and the smoke is pretty black but you can see it.

Also noticed it's windy enough out, hope that doesn't cause fire to spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Just down the lane from Del al Salle primary school and no blatant smoke. Can see some in the distance I think.

peabutler wrote: »
    Just down the lane from Del al Salle primary school and no blatant smoke. Can see some in the distance I think.

Looking straight ahead of me I can see St. Mary's to my right, to the left of that would be high st/supermacs area and there is a different colour mass over that area then the night sky. Could be a very very low cloud but it appears, to me, to be moving up from the ground. Like I said prob wouldn't notice if I hadn't read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Just been to have look SM is burnt and blackened all the upstairs windows or it could just be dark also the lights are still working in the front seating area but the fire must have started at the back as far as I could see. Anyhow heres a pic.

Thanks for that, doesn't look as bad as I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

wow that is so random hope noone is seriously hurt!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Good news, looks like no one was hurt. Linky

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Was just there myself. Hasn't changed much since Lord Butterslip's photo. There was no longer any sign of a fire but there was still loads of fire brigades around. As I was walking back to my car a fire jeep came down Ormonde Street with lights flashing. There were also lots of vans from a gas company parked on High Street.

Edit: Just to be pedantic; a lot of people on Facebook are saying that Supermacs has "burned down" which would imply that the building is no longer standing. It went on fire alright, but the building is definitely still in the same place.

Advertisement