Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs on fire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Having worked in a couple of large retailers, you'd be shocked at just how effective it is. If you take like for like in Kilkenny, Dominos vs Mizzoni, the ingedrients are more or less the same but there's a significant difference in the price, Dominos is going strong. At a guess I'd say Mizzonis is keeping in with a normal GP of about 70% and Dominos at 85% which is exceptionally high. Choice of chippy varies, I love Joes, friends of mine hate it but I'm sure there's one in town you'll enjoy but don't get fooled by advertising. Another example I experienced last year was my boss was looking for multi adapters so he said he was going to Woodies, I told him to go to Kellehers across the road, €10.50 in Woodies and €4.15 in Kellehers and he was buying 10 of them.

Supermacs is a prime location in town and I'm sure whoever takes it on will be an A-lister.

I just hope it's not a burger king or mcdonalds, as it would take away from the character of the town. I'm not saying these places should be excluded from the town, just not situated right across from a historical building.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

zootroid wrote: »
    I just hope it's not a burger king or mcdonalds, as it would take away from the character of the town. I'm not saying these places should be excluded from the town, just not situated right across from a historical building.

I have to agree 100% with you. I suppose the ideal (in my eyes) would be Marks and Spencers, high street name with quality and which we don't have here in Kilkenny.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

zootroid wrote: »
    I really want a burger king in kk!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

I have to agree 100% with you. I suppose the ideal (in my eyes) would be Marks and Spencers, high street name with quality and which we don't have here in Kilkenny.

Please, please, please, please!!!

If there is one thing I want its an M&S and right on High St would be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

My money is on it being rebuilt to Superzie Supermac (pro)portion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

i see work has started on super macs, was walking past yesterday and seen in all scaffolding is up inside, any one think super mas would be better suited in the old dunnes stores at end of high street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

linny wrote: »
    i see work has started on super macs, was walking past yesterday and seen in all scaffolding is up inside, any one think super mas would be better suited in the old dunnes stores at end of high street

I think I'd prefer it to stay where it is, cos if it was moved down near Parliament st you'd end up with all sorts gravitating towards that end of town and I like the Parliament st vibe as it is, not messy (for the most part) like you get outside the likes of Morrisson's on a Saturday night.

Ollchailin wrote: »
    I think I'd prefer it to stay where it is, cos if it was moved down near Parliament st you'd end up with all sorts gravitating towards that end of town and I like the Parliament st vibe as it is, not messy (for the most part) like you get outside the likes of Morrisson's on a Saturday night.
    +1 leave us have our side of town! We have joes the other side has abra and that, totally fair :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Heard ts supposed to be opening in june. I had a peek in yesterday and it looked like a handball alley. Best of luck to them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Plug wrote: »
    Heard ts supposed to be opening in june. I had a peek in yesterday and it looked like a handball alley. Best of luck to them.

As a Supermacs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yeah 100%. I asked a supermacs manager who was working in the supermacs in spar, he said june.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I see Supermacs looks ready to reopen. Anybody know when exactly? It's looking pretty swish I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

mfitzy wrote: »
    I see Supermacs looks ready to reopen. Anybody know when exactly? It's looking pretty swish I must say!
    Pics or GTFO :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

It was open today when I was around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

ergonomics wrote: »
    It was open today when I was around

Yeah. I just passed it an hour ago my self and Supermacs is open. Along with a Quiznos and Pappa John's Pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Anyone with any pics?

Have the skangers returned to the Town Hall yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

You mean they'd left?

Dang!

They seemed to have cleared off alright. But now... not so sure.

Now, that Subway is opened until 2am on Sunday morn, the scenes on High Street should be varied and eventful throughout Saturday night's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

From a control point of view the reopening of Supermacs is a good. I bet the guards are relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hold on, Papa John's is in Ireland now?

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    Hold on, Papa John's is in Ireland now?

It was in there before it burnt down, they're in a few Smacs so I'd guess Pat McDonagh has the rights for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yep it was open this evening aswell ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stingray1982

Don't know how much of an effort they put in to make it fit in with Kilkenny city to be honest? :confused: Thought they might tone down the whole Supermacky Tacky Thing they have going on over the rest of the country seeing as the whole thing burnt down and they had a blank canvass?

Donno. Suppose it's better than it was. You'd think Pat McDonagh might learn that that the flashy eighties crap look only attracts the skangers. Lets be honest, there's no shortage of them in Kilkenny.

I'd say we have one of the highest skanger populations in all of Ireland. And skangers love Supermacs. So there's bound to be an uptake in skangers on High Street now. It's science.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Somebody take pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Only one Keano

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah. I just passed it an hour ago my self and Supermacs is open. Along with a Quiznos and Pappa John's Pizza.

About time!:rolleyes:

Threadhead wrote: »
    I'd say we have one of the highest skanger populations in all of Ireland. And skangers love Supermacs. So there's bound to be an uptake in skangers on High Street now. It's science.

It's true, Kilkenny centre has a mean skanger concentration of 0.13 Sk.P−1 (skangers per head of population) beaten only by Dublin (0.27 Sk.P−1) and limerick (0.31 Sk.P−1).

The Standard International unit of the Skanger (Sk) is defined thus:

Sk = C.SinΘ

Where Θ is the angle that the baseball cap makes with the horizontal and C is a constant of proportionality derived experimentally thorough measurement of car exhaust loudness, propensity to like Cascada and number of Johnny Blue smoked per hour.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    It's true, Kilkenny centre has a mean skanger concentration of 0.13 Sk.P−1 (skangers per head of population) beaten only by Dublin (.27 Sk.P−1) and limerick (0.31 Sk.P−1).

The Standard International unit of the Skanger (Sk) is defined thus:

Sk = C.SinΘ

Where Θ is the angle that the baseball cap makes with the horizontal and C is a constant of proportionality derived experimentally thorough measurement of car exhaust loudness, propensity to like Cascada and number of Johnny Blue smoked per hour.
    Eh recession....rollies are in now!

No, skangers still buy Johnny Blue, they just forego non-essential items like school books and nappies to pay for them.

Rollies are more for bearded poetry writing corduroy jacket wearing bespeckled arts students with scarves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Threadhead wrote: »

Ever been to Limerick? :pac:

Advertisement