Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

Supercell wrote: »
    Wow, full on sneachta now, don't you dare turn back to rain!

Hurray!! Congrats! Lucky divil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Lashing down with the coldest rain imaginable in lusk - windy enough to blow you over, but still none of the white stuff :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

is there a chance of low level snow this evening/night along east coast?
    been pissing rain all day here in arklow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

trogdor wrote: »
    Good stuff SC! Temp starting to fall here now too :) 4.4C/2.5C now, long way to go til snow here yet though

just a few miles down from you and its still 4.2c DP 3.0 hope it starts droping soon

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

2.7C in Maynooth, falling slowly. Not as much rain as earlier, and starting to look sleet-ish when it's about. Winds are easterly and north-easterly, gusting very strongly - up to Force 8, maybe 9. Nearly got knocked over earlier by a gust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Wet snow falling. It's not sticking but the temp has dropped to 1.5c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Sleet with bits of snow starting to fall now in West Dublin (Castleknock) although nothing heavy. You never know though!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Good stuff SC! Temp starting to fall here now too :) 4.4C/2.5C now, long way to go til snow here yet though

Went down beach there ( Yeah im a big thick) but did you see it. Scariest sea ive seen in a long time - tide appears to be going out underneath a swell... Seriously scary ....

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Going between Sleet/Snow here, near Headford Co.Galway. Getting heavier and heavier..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Temp down a little, but not much! :rolleyes: Air 3.1c and DP 2.1c. Still wet and miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

jenzz wrote: »
    Went down beach there ( Yeah im a big thick) but did you see it. Scariest sea ive seen in a long time - tide appears to be going out underneath a swell... Seriously scary ....

Happened to be out Portmarnock way this morning. Never saw a sea like it. Huge white waves as far as the eye could see. Really wild and dangerous. Unfortunately did not have the camera with me and too dangerous to go back out in the winds. Any idea when the winds will die? Still lashing rain here too. Still no sleet or snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Still snowing heavy here, it hasn't been sticking but as the temperatures continue to fall it is only a matter of when and not if.

There is snow sticking to some of the hills around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Almost blizzard-like conditions here now, snow starting to stick even though the ground is very wet. If this keeps up as the front moves back down south, then it could amount to an inch or two (we barely got a dusting last week).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Decent snowfall currently, temp lowest all day too, however precip heaviest all day - evaporative cooling i strongly suspect rather than a general cool down. Nice to see it though :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ffs ive to cycle home in this crap with the wind against me soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

How often does the M2 buoy update ?

M2 report 2.7 at 14.00
    M2 back up to 3.7 taken at 15.00.
    ME site took half an hour to update its report.
    Pretty slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Still raining here in Aughrim :(

Several times, Ive thought the windows might come in. Extremely gusty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like there will be heavy snow in the midlands and west this evening. Could be a few cm's on low ground before it is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Supercell wrote: »
    Decent snowfall currently, temp lowest all day too, however precip heaviest all day - evaporative cooling i strongly suspect rather than a general cool down. Nice to see it though :)

Is it sticking? I am going to Laragh tomorrow so I imagaine it is snowing there too??:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like there will be heavy snow in the midlands and west this evening. Could be a few cm's on low ground before it is done.

And let me guess. Nothing in the East... Im sick of this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

4.0C Dp 2.8C
    5mm rain/borderline sleet past hour

Blizzard conditions as everywhere becomes white.....apart from the running flood water....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Decent sleet shower a few minutes ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

francosp wrote: »
    And let me guess. Nothing in the East... Im sick of this :(

I think there will be snow but just not as much. It will be after dark aswell.

Still rain and sleet with me on the North Dublin coast.

Temperatures seem to be tumbling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

I think there will be snow but just not as much. It will be after dark aswell.

Still rain and sleet with me on the North Dublin coast.

Maybe we will getting a splattering of snow showers however with the amount of rain that has fallen I can't see any of it sticking... Shame..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I expect to see a continued transition of this precip to sleet and then to snow over the coming hours. Sleet by 1800hrs in Dublin Airport and Snow by around 2100hrs, Precip clearing around 3am.

So could be 5 hours of light/mod snow in places obviously struggling to stick in wet conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

It has Begun !

In Galway city anyway, nearly same time as yesterday !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Su Campu wrote: »

There is some severe flooding around west Dublin, which even if no snow falls, is going to cause problems when it freezes in the coming days.
    37mm at Casement during the 24hrs to midday and perhaps another 7mm since

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement