Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Starting to turn sleety here after 24 hours or more of near continuous rain. Ground is waterlogged so if it does turn to snow it will be difficult to see it lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Back to Waterford after spending Christmas in Kilkenny, absolutely p!ssing rain all the way down, an awful lot of surface water on the roads. Would have been some serious snow if the precipitation wasn't falling as rain! :pac:

JonnyM wrote: »
    is there a chance of low level snow this evening/night along east coast?
    been pissing rain all day here in arklow :(
    That rain is mixed with bits of ice if you look at it hitting a window.
    2 or 3 miles inland and theres some wet flakes in it.
    5 or 6 miles inland on high ground it's snow.
    patience!
    It will turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Heavy, driving snow here :):):):):):):)

Winds gusting to 32mph / temp 1.1c and falling

Snow not lying yet except on small surfaces such as dog house and stuff:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Back to rain again, oh well, at least i got to see the sneachta while it was still bright.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nice one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Glad to see you're finally getting some DE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

To cheer up those who have no snow (including myself)
    A few pics form last Feb around my house

[IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    Went down beach there ( Yeah im a big thick) but did you see it. Scariest sea ive seen in a long time - tide appears to be going out underneath a swell... Seriously scary ....

Haha that makes two of us!:p pretty scary alright, was even worse earlier:eek:

EDIT: Put some pics up but they don't really do it justice jenzz
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63710945

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

You lucky bugger, send it a little futher west please! 1.9c here and pissing rain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Supercell wrote: »
    Back to rain again, oh well, at least i got to see the sneachta while it was still bright.

You do know it's going to turn nasty in your location after dark?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Good things come to he who waits - enjoy!:D

snaps wrote: »
    You lucky bugger, send it a little futher west please! 1.9c here and pissing rain

It was touch and go for the last hour Snaps. Bouts of rain then bouts of snow but snow seems to be winning out over the last 20mins or so. Still no sign of it lying generally though which would be nice but the ground is red rotten wet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

darkman2 wrote: »
    Looks like there will be heavy snow in the midlands and west this evening. Could be a few cm's on low ground before it is done.

What time would you expect the event to begin?

Drizzle rain here at the moment, but it feels bitterly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

its been pissing rain here in carlow since yesterday mornin and its still at it ......not a sign of even sleet let alone snow,not even on killeshin hills ? ahh well heres hopin the northeasterly thats settin in will bring some snow to leinster over the comin days...met eireann seem to think so:) but they also thought that last week and i didnt see even a flake ...im expectin the north westerlys to set in any time soon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Interesting animated satellite here. Not 100% sure where this cold air is coming from as from what i can see this front and low seems to be pushing even futher north?

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

howlinwolf wrote: »
    its been pissing rain here in carlow since yesterday mornin and its still at it ......not a sign of even sleet let alone snow,not even on killeshin hills ? ahh well heres hopin the northeasterly thats settin in will bring some snow to leinster over the comin days...met eireann seem to think so:) but they also thought that last week and i didnt see even a flake ...im expectin the north westerlys to set in any time soon;)

No let up in it is there?! Temp veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly dropping :rolleyes: Temp 2.9c and DP 1.8c, still a bit to go yet. Wind a brisk NE 5-9mph, wind chill well in the minus figures!!

If this snow comes tonight I'll eat my hat.......as they say :p

Wet snow on again, DP still needs to fall about 0.5 for any stuff to start sticking i reckon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Can someone please please tell when this front is going to clear away ( what time) i really am sick of this cloud!!!!!!!

darkman2 wrote: »
    You do know it's going to turn nasty in your location after dark?:D

That depends on your definition of nasty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

No let up in it is there?! Temp veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly dropping :rolleyes: Temp 2.9c and DP 1.8c, still a bit to go yet. Wind a brisk NE 5-9mph, wind chill well in the minus figures!!

If this snow comes tonight I'll eat my hat.......as they say :p

when is this precipitation suppose to be moving south again? never seen such a blob so stationary for such a period. met eireann thinks it will only give snow on high ground (except galway for some reason)!

Wow oh just wow, DP 0.5 and temp 1.1 ...its starting to look like....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

1.3c here now, heavy sleet/snow, not sticking though. Coldest its been in a few days. Any colder and it should stick.

234 (82 members & 152 guests) :pac:

Car sneachta, we officially have car sneachta..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Malin head under world highlights lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

when is this precipitation suppose to be moving south again? never seen such a blob so stationary for such a period. met eireann thinks it will only give snow on high ground (except galway for some reason)!

The blob will still be around in 3 hours anyway, what a mess! :p

3hr-rain.gif

The trend is our friend...

DewPointHistory.gif

OutsideTempHistory.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Icy rain here prgressivly turning to sleet. Temps falling slowly, 2.3c DP 2.1c and blowing a gale - could be real bliazzrd here in an hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The blob will still be around in 3 hours anyway, what a mess! :p

3hr-rain.gif
    Croppy we may see something around 10pm but the temp is falling very slowly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement