Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Dreadful out there.

Raging gales and sheets of icy rain flying in from the east.

If only they were sheets of snow. All we need is 2c decline!

dont think were gonna get that 2c drop imo.......its to stay between 1 and 4/5c dependin on where you are overnight ...way to high for proper snow,maybe some very wet stuff but thats just glorified rain;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Down to 2c/2c in Dublin Airport Now.

Rain definately icy here now when it hits the window but wouldnt class it as sleet yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

0.9 DP 0.4 , its getting there. Its gonna be awesome shortly/eventually

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Temp is dropping slowly
    Maybe another 2 hours and we will be where we need to be

Snow level probably down to about 250 metres or lower around here now...and creeping downwards...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

We have SLEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aughrim co. wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Temp rising again I think that short drop earlier was just a teaser, clould be midnight before things get down to where we want them now although it will just be wet snow falling on wet ground so apart from lamp post watching all it will do is add to what will freeze tomorrow night

We have SNNNNNOOOOOOWWWWWW
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    We have SLEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aughrim co. wicklow

Full on blizzard a little north of you, i reckon we are gonna wake up to a winter wonderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Snow in East Galway, very wet for it to stick but if it keeps up like this it will. Temps falling back too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Absolutely atrocious conditions. 2 trees down and other branches too. The icy rain pounding the windows all day is turning more to snow now. Lots of flooding unfortunately so any snow probably won't stick

Snow settling on grass now, hope it continues.
    AT whats it like with you?

My mental age has just regressed (it always does during snow):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Looks like that low is moving off to the west, at last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

yeah even if it does snow its sooo wet in most places that it will be long gone by the mornin,i think the real threat of snow will come in the next few days as the temp starts to drop ....only question now is where will it fall:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Yep, that Dew point just will not fall! :mad:

What's up over there? It's back to snow now in Wellpark :D. Well, still mixed with rain, but huge flakes and great intensity!

Back to sleet now...this is like Ciara Knightly showing just a nipple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Supercell wrote: »
    Full on blizzard a little north of you, i reckon we are gonna wake up to a winter wonderland!

Wicklow seems to be now in the trailing edge of the precip from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowing now in BallyHaise as of 1700hrs

Temperatures slowly making that push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

In the heatwave down on coast
    3.8C Dp 2.6C
    20mm today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

no precip here for 2 hours.all hope has gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Fine description of your current weather conditions! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I have a reply but this is a family forum ;)

Plenty of flooding out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Sleet has finally turned to snow here, the ground is soaked so I don't expect anything to stick but nice to see it snowing:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very stubborn here at 2.4c DP 2.2c but good to see temp at Dublin AP dropping. Still icy rain pelting the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

paddybar wrote: »
    no precip here for 2 hours.all hope has gone :(

Its been misting heavily here for the last couple of hours.
    2.7C at the moment so no chance of snow yet.

Jaysus if i threw a liathróid up in the spéir here it would come down covered in the sneachta its so close now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Dreadful out there.

Raging gales and sheets of icy rain flying in from the east.

If only they were sheets of snow. All we need is 2c decline!

You in the north county Dublin area? i was out around the same time and it was horrible - Sheets of icy rain is a bit of an understatment. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you're all mad. You should know we never get exciting weather in Ireland. Some snow showers in the Dublin hills and north west and the whole country goes crazy. I just cycled home in the worst weather i've ever experienced. Torrential rain and f**king full on east wind in my face. It teases us with snow on the hills and we all think it will come and it never does. Like in May or June when you all start wetting yourselves in here thinking it will be a long hot summer, what do we get? A few days of 23c outside (everyone thinks it's 28 or so because it hits that for a few seconds in Kilkenny), followed by revenge of the weather gods, i.e. record breaking rainfall in July and August. How dare we enjoy a few days summer like.
    Anyway forget about it. There wont be snow in Dublin or Africa this Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Jaysus if i threw a liathróid up in the spéir here it would come down covered in the sneachta its so close now!

Still have the snow rain mix?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement