Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Very stubborn here at 2.4c DP 2.2c but good to see temp at Dublin AP dropping. Still icy rain pelting the windows.

Wind is still easterly though. Need the north easterlies for any snow action around Dublin. M2 bouy still shows Irish Sea is too warm (dp > 3C, temp > 5C). Surprised it's still reporting though, I though that was what ended up in my pond last night !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

darkman2 wrote: »
    Still have the snow rain mix?

Extremely wet snow/sleet more than rain now. Not proper dry snow yet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

roryc1 wrote: »
    Looks like that low is moving off to the west, at last :)

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER THINKING THIS IS MOVING AWAY, an hour ago it started to move south and was headed for here but then it headed back north at double the speed and is now back upto the shetlands were it was 3hours ago!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

heavy wet snow again being driven on by the wind. it's again sticking in parts. i guess you have to go up high to get the dry stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

sleet here in Meath earlier, about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    you're all mad. You should know we never get exciting weather in Ireland. Some snow showers in the Dublin hills and north west and the whole country goes crazy. I just cycled home in the worst weather i've ever experienced. Torrential rain and f**king full on east wind in my face. It teases us with snow on the hills and we all think it will come and it never does. Like in May or June when you all start wetting yourselves in here thinking it will be a long hot summer, what do we get? A few days of 23c outside (everyone thinks it's 28 or so because it hits that for a few seconds in Kilkenny), followed by revenge of the weather gods, i.e. record breaking rainfall in July and August. How dare we enjoy a few days summer like.
    Anyway forget about it. There wont be snow in Dublin or Africa this Christmas.

Man, you did have a bad cycle home alright! :p. Well, thats what makes Irish weather interesting, we are neither guarenteed a soaring hot summer or bitterly cold winters, we're kept on our toes never knowing what will come next, ie a soaring hot winter or a bitterly cold summer! :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

heavy wet snow again being driven on by the wind. it's again sticking in parts. i guess you have to go up high to get the dry stuff.

Ditto here, back to driving snow and feeling increasingly raw and bitter out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

you're all mad. You should know we never get exciting weather in Ireland. Some snow showers in the Dublin hills and north west and the whole country goes crazy. I just cycled home in the worst weather i've ever experienced. Torrential rain and f**king full on east wind in my face. It teases us with snow on the hills and we all think it will come and it never does. Like in May or June when you all start wetting yourselves in here thinking it will be a long hot summer, what do we get? A few days of 23c outside (everyone thinks it's 28 or so because it hits that for a few seconds in Kilkenny), followed by revenge of the weather gods, i.e. record breaking rainfall in July and August. How dare we enjoy a few days summer like.
    Anyway forget about it. There wont be snow in Dublin or Africa this Christmas.
    jesus,who pissed in your cornflakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Heavy snow in Galway city now. My car is becoming slushy already. Impressive stuff, though a real pain to walk in, especially with the NE gale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

paddybar wrote: »

Judging by the end of his post, Bob Geldof :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ditto here, back to driving snow and feeling increasingly raw and bitter out there.

yeah i was going to for an evening swim but i think i'll give miss it now:pac:

Heavy snow in Galway city now. My car is becoming slushy already. Impressive stuff, though a real pain to walk in, especially with the NE gale...

Coupled with the wind chill, quite unpleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

... I just cycled home in the worst weather i've ever experienced.... There wont be snow in Dublin or Africa this Christmas.

Must have been a long cycle ride. Christmas was several days ago for those who missed it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

paddybar wrote: »

about 1000 litres of piss from the sky in my face on cycle home. God I presume.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

mad DIY wrote: »
    Must have been a long cycle ride. Christmas was several days ago for those who missed it :pac:

xmas time doesn't officially end until 5th Jan or something

it's just a pity the ground is so wet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

LOL, I love how much the weather gets to us Irish- it's getting tense in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That would not help you; believe me on that. See my thread. Conditions up here are appalling now and today could have ended very differently.

It is not safe for anyone out there.

I know its bold, but if I had a jeep and all the right survival gear, and maybe a convoy of support vehicles I'd try it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

rc28 wrote: »
    LOL, I love how much the weather gets to us Irish- it's getting tense in here!

Listen why dont you just go and...................

joking!, :p:pac:

Anyway, temps holding firm here! :( I think this is another one of those events that I've let suck me in and I can feel bitter dissapointment setting in! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

And here too. Cats wont go out and are wild, chasing around the house! Shame its not falling on dry ground as it would drift like mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And just a few miles upwards, white- out and new snow ..
    Pangea wrote: »
    Wet and windy here in donegal, very cold though with them chilling winds , its a day to stay in by the fire.

Just standing out the back door there. Heavy blizzard like snow and winds howling like mad.

Winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

Graces7 wrote: »
    That would not help you; believe me on that. See my thread. Conditions up here are appalling now and today could have ended very differently.

It is not safe for anyone out there.
    welcome back Grace.how bad is it where you are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

My outdoor Christmas lights are about to take off!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Anyway, temps holding firm here! :( I think this is another one of those events that I've let suck me in and I can feel bitter dissapointment setting in! :rolleyes:

Yeah I was thinking the same driving home this evening... constantly checking the temperature and hoping for it to drop from the 3c - 3.5c that it was hovering on. Then it struck me that I've been feckin sucked into this yet again!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

about 1000 litres of piss from the sky in my face on cycle home. God I presume.

Bono?

Icey rain with a bit of sleet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

That heavy yellow band of percip on ME radar seems to be pushing north west very quick now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

My window is facing east. From time to time I'm trying to look out, but I get a fistful of heavy wet flakes and bad windchill in my face... nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Temperature has just dropped in my car to 1 degree in Blanchardstown (could be 1.5 in real terms) but still the sleet is falling!!! As I say if it is not snowing in Annamoe it will not snow here. Another slight drop and the snow will fall.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sleetyness has turned back to rain as its goten lighter. cant see snow fall from this around here unless the temp drops by another 2-3C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement