Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's getting very blustery now. the epic battle is gradually coming to an end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snaps wrote: »
    That heavy yellow band of percip on ME radar seems to be pushing north west very quick now?

Looks like much of south Connacht is bearing the brunt right now:

100294.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

WEB_radar_200912301500.gif

i thought this system was to slowly push south as the north easterlys chased it away ....its still movin north as its just cleared north of me here in carlow :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just back from Roscrea where it is a full on blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snow level - here - 204 metres.
    Heavy proper snow settling on cars, grass and roads.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Looks like much of south Connacht is bearing the brunt right now:

100294.gif

ah nuts deep got in ahead of me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

ffarrell wrote: »
    Temperature has just dropped in my car to 1 degree in Blanchardstown (could be 1.5 in real terms) but still the sleet is falling!!! As I say if it is not snowing in Annamoe it will not snow here. Another slight drop and the snow will fall.:rolleyes:

Wait for the north easterlies (if they ever appear). There'll be no snow in Dublin till then.

Conditions in Tuam just got a mention on the news. Yeah! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

It has turned to snow here again because of the intensity. If it gets weaker, it might get back again to rain :(
    Hope the temp goes down in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

So is this low/front taking a hold? Whats the situation now its moving so far north west? Will it stop the real cold air arriving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

One of those nights you're glad you're not sleeping on the street.

Conditions in Tuam just got a mention on the news. Yeah! :D

as did knock airport. the poor reporter was frozen.

Jaysus, i'm like a kid..its finally happening!!...snowmaggedon here we come!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

as did knock airport. the poor reporter was frozen.

Yeah, it looks like total white out conditions up there Nacho. "Most severe conditions in Co.Mayo"

snaps wrote: »
    So is this low/front taking a hold? Whats the situation now its moving so far north west? Will it stop the real cold air arriving?

no it won't. think it just went further north, stalled, and deepened. now it's retreating westwards after the cold air gave it a bloody nose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Still raining down here, temp is about 5C.

Yeah, it looks like total white out conditions up there Nacho. "Most severe conditions in Co.Mayo"

yeah, has the penny dropped yet paddy1;):p

Did i mention its utterly utterly lashin big fluffy sneachta here?
    I need another glass of wine to steady myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Been raining here all day. Its totally depressing. Another cold spell and no snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

It is pelting down with rain here now.
    not a hint of ice or snow.
    2.7C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Heavy sleety rain here at sea level next to the sea, and a bitter wind, it's trying hard to turn into the white stuff and probably will in the next few hours, with the gale here it could be a blizzard.

I knew when I saw two foxes happily scratching for food midday yesterday oblivious to the nearby sheep farmer who would have shot them that they knew Mayo was in for a possible white-out even though met eireann gave little indication of snow for Mayo.

Dem foxes know their stuff!;)

yeah, has the penny dropped yet paddy1;):p

:D

You will not break me! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

no it won't. think it just went further north, stalled, and deepened. now it retreating westwards after the cold air gave it a bloody nose

ok so now we have to watch it heading west instead of north? so its best for me to look over at north east england and it should be heading over here? what time 12am?

so according to the radio forecast at five to six, it looks like a gradual clearance extending from the north, by 11 or 12 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Supercell wrote: »
    Jaysus, i'm like a kid..its finally happening!!...!

What? is Kiera Knightly dropping in? :pac:

3.8C Dp2.7C

23mm today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

Supercell wrote: »
    Did i mention its utterly utterly lashin big fluffy sneachta here?
    I need another glass of wine to steady myself.
    wine? I thuoght you were a bloke:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Can one of you weather knowledgeable guys give us an idea of what is currently going on with the weather and what we can expect in the next few hours because it all seems a little confusing at the moment, it will....it wont......it might! Dont worry, we wont hunt you down should you prove to be wrong :p. But a synopsis from someone in the know would be nice :o

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

so happy for you Supercell

owenc wrote: »
    ok so now we have to watch it heading west instead of north? so its best for me to look over at north east england and it should be heading over here? what time 12am?

i can't say what time exactly:)

just that parts of ulster should get snow showers as soon as the biting northeasterlies take hold when this system finally clears away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Send it a few kilometers this way NW mate PLEASE?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement