Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote: »
    What? is Kiera Knightly dropping in? :pac:

3.8C Dp2.7C

23mm today,

She heard about the sneactha and was feeling perky..what was the question again?
    paddybar wrote: »
    wine? I thuoght you were a bloke:D

I had many beers earlier, all i got is wine left..wanna fight over it? rarrr
    MetLuver wrote: »
    so happy for you Supercell
    I am happy too. I love the sneachta only little less than my fiancée..ahem..don't tell anyone!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Supercell wrote: »
    I need another glass of wine to steady myself.

Pour me a glass of your strongest whiskey, and make it a double, because it has turned back to rain here yet again.

Howld me I'll rare :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

i can't say what time exactly:)

just that parts of ulster should get snow showers as soon as the biting northeasterlies take hold when this system finally clears away.

Ok then, I shall just wait to 11pm and im sure there will be a clearer image then, hopefully it will be approaching the north coast by then... but what im confused about is what direction it is headed in ... is it headed west or south west?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

[quote=Supercell;I had many beers earlier, all i got is wine left..wanna fight over it? rarrr![/quote]
    meet me outside in 5 mins.I just want to finish my Babycham first.

Back to snow again! SC, add a glass of wine to my order too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Come up here and say that...

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    you're all mad. You should know we never get exciting weather in Ireland. Some snow showers in the Dublin hills and north west and the whole country goes crazy. I just cycled home in the worst weather i've ever experienced. Torrential rain and f**king full on east wind in my face. It teases us with snow on the hills and we all think it will come and it never does. Like in May or June when you all start wetting yourselves in here thinking it will be a long hot summer, what do we get? A few days of 23c outside (everyone thinks it's 28 or so because it hits that for a few seconds in Kilkenny), followed by revenge of the weather gods, i.e. record breaking rainfall in July and August. How dare we enjoy a few days summer like.
    Anyway forget about it. There wont be snow in Dublin or Africa this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ta se ag cur baisti, Ni maith liom baisti. ah.. tiochaidh ar la

Gerry Murphy on the TV forecast now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Great!

Gerry Murphy's back...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

arrrh lost sky signal, just as gerry comes on

• Advertisement

whats he saying

No mention of snow yet!!!"

OK, he just mentioned it once there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very negative forecast from Gerry. :(

darkman2 wrote: »
    Maybe some beefy snow showers in coastal counties of Leinster and possibly Ulster and skirting the Northwest.
    It's only maybe now?
    The DM2 weather model is back tracking to the met Eireann one :(

Yer nearly worse than the gfs now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

lThat reminds me; there are hoardings up in Donegal Town advertising the New Year's Day SWIM in aid of RNLI

Off one of the local Piers; the name evades me.

OUCH!

yeah i was going to for an evening swim but i think i'll give miss it now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Arrggghhh northerlies, not north easterlies :mad: Dublin to miss out again ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

rain moving south followed by wintery showers in north and east..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

glossy wrote: »
    whats he saying

Shhhhhhhhhhleeeeet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

The worst weather forecaster of them all - has not a clue! Anyway the only place this evening that has or will get significant snow is in the Dublin/Wicklow mountains, end of story and that is the way it usually is. The snow up there is unreal apparently. It usually is as it has the highest mountains in Leinster. Kerry has higher but usually too mild for much snow. The next few days will tell but the only bit of snow that will fall will be in the North with a little in the East. For the rest of the country probably nothing but heavy frosts.:(

Mothman wrote: »
    What? is Kiera Knightly dropping in? :pac:
    I didn't think an aul married man like yerself would have taste as good as that:P

Meh-it's Eveyln Cusack all the way Raaaaaar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No mention of snow yet!!!"

OK, he just mentioned it once there...

there could be a foot of snow on the way and he'd be matter of fact about it. where is Evelyn Cusack when you need her:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It's only maybe now?
    The DM2 weather model is back tracking to the met Eireann one :(

Yer nearly worse than the gfs now :D

As in maybe some big showers....;) Not that there won't be any. Could take them a while to get going tomorrow but looks good by evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Graces7 wrote: »
    lThat reminds me; there are hoardings up in Donegal Town advertising the New Year's Day SWIM in aid of RNLI

Off one of the local Piers; the name evades me.

OUCH!

Hope they pack their sledgehammers as part of their swimming kit :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Pour me a glass of your strongest whiskey, and make it a double, because it has turned back to rain here yet again.

Howld me I'll rare :D

Yeah, intensity dropped, so it went back to rain - partially. Still seeing snowflakes in it, ratio is maybe 30-40% snow, 60-70% rain now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

As I say that Carrickmacross goon (Gerry Murphy) :mad:is so coy....you would swear he is guarding the state secrets thae way he gives the weather. Patheic....

there could be a foot of snow on the way and he'd be matter of fact about it. where is Evelyn Cusack when you need her:pac:

Very surprised as we have full scale blizzard conditions here in lowland Galway. Still not lying though but it is snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

lastest sat image shows front picking up speed and moving south at last!!!!!!! but i do not know how that is going to get here by 12am!

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Shhhhhhhhhhleeeeet:D

thanks not what i wanted to seeee. But it will do for now till the proper stuff comes our way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Heavy, sticky snow here (Loughrea) now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Finally gone below 4 degrees here!:p temp currently 3.9C/2.3C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement