Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Patience has been worn through across much of the east by this stage i would imagine.

This front is certainly stalling and holding its on at the moment, definate encroachment of cold air under it, slowly slowly slowly.

When will the snow fall?

I said this morning i expected wet snow from 9pm this evening, i reckon it might be 10pm at this stage but i still think it WILL come this evening!
    We won't down here in rain sodden Waterford. And to be quite honest I hope the mild weather returns soon, all this cold weather these past few weeks and not a flake.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

I have been watching the temps at Dublin airport for the last few hours. 3 degrees and they arn't going anywhere - yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

mad DIY wrote: »
    I have been watching the temps at Dublin airport for the last few hours. 3 degrees and they arn't going anywhere - yet...

WRONG

they are around 2.7/1.6 from my reckoning

Falling steadily.

at around 1300 they were about 4.3/3.3

A quicker fall expected in the next 3/4 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's stormy here now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Patience has been worn through across much of the east by this stage i would imagine.

This front is certainly stalling and holding its on at the moment, definate encroachment of cold air under it, slowly slowly slowly.

When will the snow fall?

I said this morning i expected wet snow from 9pm this evening, i reckon it might be 10pm at this stage but i still think it WILL come this evening!

is this front pushing south or west on exit?! do you think the cold air will reach the south before it leaves? as for gerry murphy maybe he will be doing an eagle u-turn yet by 9!

• Advertisement

WRONG

Falling steadily.

I'm using met eireann latest reports as my source. Last three were 3 degrees, wasn't watching them before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Heavy snow in blessington now. Sticking to everything even after all the rain. Temp dropping fast now. Currenntly 1.2c. :D:D

is this front pushing south or west on exit?! do you think the cold air will reach the south before it leaves? as for gerry murphy maybe he will be doing an eagle u-turn yet by 9!

Its taking a WSW exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

What are the chances of any snow in the Navan area this eve? or tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

CM21 wrote: »
    Heavy snow in blessington now. Sticking to everything even after all the rain. Temp dropping fast now. Currenntly 1.2c. :D:D

heavy rain in tipperary now. Sticking to everything even after all the rain. Temp rising fast now. Currently 1.5c:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

it's stormy here now:eek:

Snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

3.2 Dp2.3C
    Lowest of day
    27mm
    2 day total 44mm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very heavy in Galway now car is white as is the street :D:D:D

Mothman wrote: »
    3.2 Dp2.3C
    Lowest of day
    27mm
    2 day total 44mm

There is a definate air change happening now.

Drier colder air is arriving, lets hope the precip can hold it out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

MUSEIST wrote: »
    heavy rain in tipperary now. Sticking to everything even after all the rain. Temp rising fast now. Currently 1.5c:D
    I'd say you meant snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Storm 10 wrote: »
    *fingers in ears* "la la la la la la la I can't HEAR you"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Sticking rain...a new one on me ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I doubt they'll be any snow in Navan or most of meath tonight but hopefully a few snow showers will make it inland 2moro. 2moro's our only real chance of snow till the next system or sometime next week as the winds swing to the north 2moro night killing off the showers on the East Coast.

Storm 10 wrote: »

geeeez, i'm sick of snow reports from galway:rolleyes:.....

....I hope it starts snowing ****e their sooon:D

There is a definate air change happening now.

Drier colder air is arriving, lets hope the precip can hold it out for a while.

That's what we need. Bring it on...:)

• Advertisement

Its snowing pretty heavy again in the city.

All yesterdays snow was gone this morning and it was raining all day.

It was very stormy earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

There will never be heavy snow when gerry murphy or nuala carey is presenting the weather, the only people with the authority to say the word snow is the following:
    John Eagelton
    Space suit Jean Byrne ( she should wear that more often it brought me snow the last time)
    and Evelyn Cusack.
    As for Ursula Bracken and Helen curran I dont know what they are saying when presenting the weather , im too busy staring lol :D:D:D

http://www.rte.ie/weather/presenters/pres_index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Snow getting much lighter now but still a howling wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

I cannot believe it is snowing in Galway and not in Dublin - usually it is the other way around as Dublin is further east and generally colder....wonders will never cease!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

OMG please don't hate us, but what we have here NOW is just undescribable.... flakes as big as my palm, and intensity 10 out of 10.... I have NEVER seen anything like that, even in Hungary, and I'm 35!!

Quick shot of the car

P1010674.jpg

WRONG

Falling steadily.

at around 1300 they were about 4.3/3.3

A quicker fall expected in the next 3/4 hours.
    mine did a sudden drop like that around 5 in heavier precip and didnt rise back since bar a decimal point or 2.

Heading uphill shortly to see whats happening :D

Mothman wrote: »
    Sticking rain...a new one on me ;)

Its fantastic stuff .....much better than snow......

so beautiful and clear....so clear you can see through it....its like its invisible:rolleyes:

sorry,
    I've been lamp post watching too long:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

OMG please don't hate us, but what we have here NOW is just undescribable.... flakes as big as my palm, and intensity 10 out of 10.... I have NEVER seen anything like that, even in Hungary, and I'm 35!!

Pictures or it isnt happening!!! :p

• Advertisement

Pictures or it isnt happening!!! :p

Just posted one of the car from Galway up a few posts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement