Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What if the blizzard has no brakes!?

Thats ok, standing outside my house i wont need them.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

inabina wrote: »
    sorry boss, but she does actually have some serious saliva issues when she delivers he forecast :P

Why are we discussing jeans saliva issues.......

.......is there no weather to discuss;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Why are we discussing jeans saliva issues.......

.......is there no weather to discuss;)

damm weather no fun anymore. 2.6C and sleet and the temp just wont go below 2.5 (sandyford)

Its totally wild outside, sleety sneachta blowing in a gale.
    Everything plastered in a slushy mess driven by the wind.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Sleet here now. Closest to snow it's been so far. It is very close to snow now. Im right beside the sea on the East coast (North Dub).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi all.

Just checking in after a manic day. Had to bring wife for check up today as she is 4 days overdue. took 90 mins to travel 45 min journey because of snow here. They ended up keeping her in tonight and going to induce her first thing in the morn. All is fine with mommy and baby thank God.

Got home this eve and saw that the 4 inch snow was still sitting pretty. just light snow here. Hope you are well. Happy for all the easties who are going to get snow:)

Wolfe

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Turning back to sleet here in Galway , if yesterday is anything to go by then snow wont last too long on the ground .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NaDamantaSam

Temp is still holding at 2.4C here with light sleet. Sounds wild out though, with branches strewn across the roads.

Congrats Wolfe, some things are more important than the snow hard as that is to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just checking in after a manic day. Had to bring wife for check up today as she is 4 days overdue. took 90 mins to travel 45 min journey because of snow here. They ended up keeping her in tonight and going to induce her first thing in the morn. All is fine with mommy and baby thank God.

Got home this eve and saw that the 4 inch snow was still sitting pretty. just light snow here. Hope you are well. Happy for all the easties who are going to get snow:)

Wolfe

Best of luck with everything, Wolfe. Glad you got the missus to the hospital ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Hmmm, my dewpoint is now HIGHER than my temperature! :eek:

Temp 2.9°C
    DewP 3.0°C

But seeing as the anemometer and pluvometer both went on my Oregon WMR928 I suspect it's another instrument error. :rolleyes: Don't buy oregon weather stations.

Anyway, instrument error or not, my eyes aren't detecting snow here either - wet, windy and woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    Its totally wild outside, sleety sneachta blowing in a gale.
    Everything plastered in a slushy mess driven by the wind.

Enjoy your slush. Pity all the heavy snow showers won't make it to you over the coming days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Leeside wrote: »
    Best of luck with everything, Wolfe. Glad you got the missus to the hospital ok.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Hi all.

Wolfe

If its a boy call him sneachta -assuming he grows up to go to a rugby school, he will fit right in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Su Campu wrote: »
    Hmmm, my dewpoint is now HIGHER than my temperature! :eek:

Temp 2.9°C
    DewP 3.0°C

But seeing as the anemometer and pluvometer both went on my Oregon WMR928 I suspect it's another instrument error. :rolleyes: Don't buy oregon weather stations.

Anyway, instrument error or not, my eyes aren't detecting snow here either - wet, windy and woeful.

That's not actually possible, is it?:confused:

Never seen the likes, howliing gale outside, horrible to stand in. All surfaces getting plastered in sleety slushy crap, nasty nasty nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mobhi1 wrote: »

No, you'd need a humidity of over 100% for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

nasty nasty nasty.

Kinky fecker..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Hi all.

Wolfe

I hope that all goes well in the morning and that you won't forget to login and share the good news!! Have heard on the grapevine that the stork got blown off course by strong winds and then blinded a bit with a snow blizzard but the sat nav should get him there in the morning;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Hi all.

Wolfe

nnnnnnnnnooooooooo - dont let them do that .. feed her curry instead & make her have the 1st boards bambino of 2010 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Wet, windy and woeful here in Celbridge too. Our fence is broken, the satellite tv is going and still not one snow flake.

Not feeling hopeful at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Mobhi1 wrote: »

What - that I still have no snow? Oh yes it is! :D:D

Hi all.

Wolfe

& are we really getting snow ??

Take R755 off the N11 for sneachta..bring blankets.

jenzz wrote: »
    & are we really getting snow ??
    Surely there is snow in Rathdrum by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

So, do I owe Weathercheck any drink?!:p

In other words, has any snow been falling in Dublin city so far today?

Take R755 off the N11 for sneachta..bring blankets.

you never stuck the kettle on for me tea earlier :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Hmm. There is almost no precipitation in Galway city now. Only a few flakes and a few drops. Strange indeed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

when is this bloody front going to clear\!!!!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

owenc wrote: »
    when is this bloody front going to clear\!!!!:mad::mad:

hopefully not for a while longer - want that colder air heading south!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement