Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Snowfall & Cold Spell Discussion (Wednesday/Thursday 30/12/09)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It was never a polar low, but it is interesting that it is moving down from the Scandinavian Peninsula. My fear is that it will drag in some relatively warmer air over Ireland as it nears the north coast. Best chance for us further south is on the northern edge of the low, which is forecast, unfortunately, to weaken considerably as it moves south.

Still very early days yet though and who knows how all this will pan out in the end.

yeah i know it wasn't a polar low, i was just hoping we'd get one instead of a trough feature that will likely die out as it comes southwards.
    but of course that always the way- either way we get warm air from the south west or then from a frontal trough or front from the north - even though with the latter situation, we will be in the grip of a polar airmass, yet still the conditions for snow could well become marginal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

9 more posts to go until Gerry in a snowsuit is revealed!! :p

i'm going to eat chips and chicken now. perhaps that's my best contribution of the day.

Just back from the military road [well actually we called into woodenbridge on the way back for a pint!]

It is absolute bedlam! We got about quarter way up it in the pajero when we just met a wall of snow and could go no further.
    Total total white out-knee deep on the road and just blocked entirely in front of us.
    The snow would blind you.

Obviously I wouldnt advise anyone to go near the place at the moment but we are clearly insane snow followers.The depth is amazing absolutely amazing.
    Your hands would drop off and you had to keep your back or side to the blinding blizzard!
    We did a bit of sledging on the road before heading back down.
    The snow line is quite high now.
    It's lashing rain just north of aughrim for instance -yet theres a good cover of snow on the road.
    I'd imagine we were above 800ft or so before we hit the blizzard.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

OH :eek: the wind is picking up again.. the noise of it..:(

• Advertisement

you are insane bb but i admire your dedication to snow:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Just catching up on all the goings on today. Got a new LA Crosse WS8615 weather station and its been doing my head in trying to transfer the data from the station to my pc. Its just looping "Data Import in progress" and never finishes :mad:Well enough of my woes, Rain has been unreal here all day, Temp is 4.7c and DP 3.0c. Rain stopped now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Weather has taken out RTE Cork transmitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*chants* GERRY GERRY GERRY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know.
    My pants is wet now I'll probably get piles if I don't take it off quick :D

One thing you don't immediately realise when you are covered in white is that when you get back into the hot jeep-you are soon dripping!
    Man I love being near the mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Come on gerry :P

Rain stopped, wind easing off here just the odd gust

Mech1 wrote: »

Mech1 gets the big 1000!!

Just for you is this unreleased image of Gerry Murphy making his way to work in RTE tomorrow......yes its a 'forecasted' image of how he might look! Enjoy!! :D

shhhhnow.jpg

Mech1 wrote: »

HA HA you did it... now wheres Gerry in his snowsuit or snowsl*t as someone read earlier today..ahem..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

I got 1001 last time i tried !
    thanks everyone for a great forum
    no snow just icy rain here.

ha ha very good.....:D ilmao
    Mech1 gets the big 1000!!

Just for you is this unreleased image of Gerry Murphy making his way to work in RTE tomorrow......yes its a 'forecasted' image of how he might look! Enjoy!! :D

shhhhnow.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

cocoemma wrote: »
    ha ha very good.....:D ilmao

priceless, absolutely priceles:D:D:DLMAO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

unbelieveable, 2 days now of this bleak rainy weather, was out earlier, that bitter wind would cut you in two :eek:

hopefully we'll see something tomorrow in the way of snow, but the ground will really have to dry up considerably for it to stick.
    hope those that have snow enjoy it and everyone take care on those roads, absolutely lethal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Thanks Danno and cocoemma, I just may emigrate to northern scotland at this rate! ;)

• Advertisement

Wait until you see the 2000'th surprise image.......an image of Jean Byrne that'd melt any lying snow!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

It's a joke snow pffftttt more like flooding here in cork.Constant rain and wind all day

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

most excellent :D

Really windy here now - had to nip out and give the horse another lump of hay as the wind's making him restless...poor baby boy.
    Blowing rain now rather than sleet - I may require a large measure of sloe gin to induce some sleep !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Gerry looks a lot taller on tv.......

...they can do miracles with camera trickery these days:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

:pac:
    Brilliant pic thanks for the giggle !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

wow dp finally down to 1.5 but........... temp is gone up to 5.1. Still lashing sleet outside & a gale blowing.. so what does it mean i thought dp & temp fell together & when we got dp to 0 it was like snowfest ...... no ?

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Thanks Danno and cocoemma, I just may emigrate to northern scotland at this rate! ;)

well i'll prob do the same they get more snow action there and prob proper snow not crappy wet snow..

right i've just had a look out and well................. I CAN SEE THE MOON...For gods sake.......... gimme some fricken snow..:D

we should re-name this SAA - Snow Addicts Anonymous:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

I don't really care as we had a white Christmas :)

making snowmen before dinner ..
    Nite nite all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Wetter than a Makrels bathing costume here.

temp 3.4
    dp 2.2
    wind chill -7.4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement